Chapter 12 ~ Ride?

Danielle's P.O.V

     Booker had come back from using the bathroom Alice and I were prepared to go. Booker put his coat on. I went to the front of the bar here they had some food to go. I got Alice a burger since she said she was hungry earlier. I paid for it. I walked outside with Alice and Booker.

Alice: I think she would be home by now.

Danielle: Yea probably I mean it's going to be four o clock.

     We walked in the parking lot.

Booker: They better be there. Who is this person anyway?

Alice: Well she's my roommate. She's a friend of mine from Chicago.

     I continued to walk and I looked up. I looked for Booker's car. I stopped in my tracks while Booker continued to talk with Alice. They were about 5 feet away from where I was standing when they turned around and finally asked what was wrong. I walked up to Booker turned him around and leaned my raised my raised elbow on his shoulder. I smiled.

Danielle: Booker where is your car?

     He pointed out at the parking lot.

Booker: Its right...

     He furrowed his eyebrows and walked forward where there was a empty parking space. Alice and I walked forward.

Booker: It was right here!

     I pointed at the parking space and raised my finger to the sign that read '15 minute parking'

Alice: Well were only 45 minutes late.

Danielle: Don't worry you'll get your car back. The tow truck probably got it.

Booker: Those Reo neo Nazis.

I hit the sides of my thighs. "Great."

Booker: How long do you think your house is from here?

Alice: I don't know a 15 minute drive.

Danielle: We can take a taxi.

Alice: Where out of town, taxis don't just appear.

Danellei: We'll call one.I am pretty sure there's a phone around here.

Alice: Maybe inside.

     We all went back inside. We looked around. "Ooh here." Alice grabbed the phone book and handed it over to me. I flipped through the pages.

Danielle: Well after 15 years of school of school and a couple months in the academy I should know that T comes after S.

     I landed on the T pages.

Alice: Its one useful thing they teach us.

     I pointed my finger at Alice. "You right."

Danielle: Here.

     I handed Alice the wrapped hamburger. I ran my fingers down the page looking for the word taxi.

'taxi, taxi,taxi'

Danielle: Got it!

       I handed Alice a dime. Alice grabbed the phone in hand.

Danielle: 913,208,594

     Alice pushed in the numbers.

Alice: Its not ringing?

Danielle: What?