Chapter 46 ~ Tomorrow?

Danielle P.O.V

     I knocked on her door. She quickly opened it and there she stood with a slight smile on her face.

"Hi?" She said in confusion.

"Sorry to bother you," I said while holding the warm box.

"I brought Pizza. I don't know if you even like Pizza, but who doesn't like Pizza?"

"Oh, yea, I like Pizza. Come in.'

     She stepped aside for me to enter her apartment. I took notice that there were no longer any newspapers everywhere but that the apartment was actually nice and modern, with dark furniture. Heck, the room even smelled nice.

     She locked the door behind me as I bestowed her place.

"You can put the Pizza's on the counter."

     I did as she said and placed the warm box on her granite countertops.

"What happened to the newspapers?" I asked.

"I decided to clean the place up, otherwise I'd look like a nut case. So I threw all of them into the other bedroom."

     I looked around, her place had various windows where a lot of light shined through. And a decent sized TV.

"Hey, I hope you like Pepperoni?"

     Alice shrugged,

"It's alight."

     I pointed my index finger at her and began opening the warm box.

"That's okay cause I got half cheese, half pep."

     I stepped back from the box as she took out a slice of cheese. She lifted her chin up directing me to take a slice.

"No, thank's I'm okay. I actually came here to talk to you about something."

"Yea, what's the matter?" Asked Alice

"Well, I told my Captain about your research and how maybe you could help us. I mean It's completely up to you."

     Alice held her slice in hand.

"What do you guys need help with?"

     I walked closer to Alice,

"Finding the truth with Lincoln and what's really going on?"

"You mean what's going on, not was. Nothing's done yet." Corrected Alice.

"My point precisely, we need as much help as we can get to uncover all this and put Lincoln behind bars, for good."

"You know his court date is coming up."

     I nodded,

"Yea,"

     We took a slight break from our conversation as she ate the rest of her Pizza and I looked at her framed pictures and paintings.

"So would you consider it?"

     I stopped her before she could answer.

"You can talk to my Captain, he is the boss and our leader. He'll tell you more about it if you're interested."

     Alice looked at the floor before looking back at me.

"Yea, I may pay him a visit, just not today, I still have things to organize."

"No it's fine," I said, "Whatever floats your boat."

"Good, tomorrow morning." Stated Alice.

"Good, great. Well, I should get going. I got files to organize and soda to drink."

     I walked over to her door. She opened it for me and lead me out to one of the building's hallways.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Yea, but I got a question." Asked Alice

"Ask away," I said

"Was the Pizza supposed to be some type of enticement?" Asked Alice,

     I lost eye contact with her and began to think about that. I just thought it would be nice to buy her Pizza, but I guess it was an enticement without me realizing it.

"Yea, I guess. Did it work?" I asked

"No, but thanks for the Pizza."

     Alice's face was completely serious. I began walking backward still facing her at the edge of the door. I pointed my finger at her with a snap,

"Tomorrow?" I questioned

"Tomorrow." Answered Alice

     Ahe replied while nodding her head. She closed and locked her door as I turned around and made my way to the exit of the building.

End of Chapter 46