Chapter 22 ~ Witness

Danielle P.O.V

     I closed the door behind me. I couldn't believe fuller had put me on desk duty, especially since I was in the middle of trying to find out where that librarian is  and if that deal really happened. I walked over to my desk where my phone began to ring. I picked up the phone in frustration. 

"Hello?!" 

"Is this Danielle?"

     I realised who's voice it was.

"Oh hey Joe, sorry it's been a rough morning."

"Have em everyday, look I got some information on a Angela Grayson. I think it could be that librarian you're looking for. It says here that she worked in Westerfield High and there's a home address. I think you should write this down."

     I grabbed a piece of paper close to me and the pen I use to sign files. I quickly wrote the address down.

"Thanks Joe."

     I had hung up the phone and folded the piece of paper, placing it in my leather jacket pocket. Fuller never stated when my desk duty started so...

     I made my way out of the chapel. I was going to go to that address and hopefully find that Librarian.

......

     I slowly drove my car through the neighborhood. I looked for the house with  the number 38. I noticed number 32, I continued up the street. 

"36, 37, 38. Here we go."

     I parked my car near the home. I got out of the car and made my way to my targetted home. it was a vintage like house. It looked like it should have been part of a village or something similar. . The homeowner had some bushes out front. I walked up the steps and carefully knocked on the wooden side of the door, I knocked one more time. I could hear someone or something behind the door. It was if someone was walking toward the door. The curtain behind the door began to slightly move. The door opened.

     There was a young skinny woman standing there she had long brown hair she wore a long pastel shirt.

"Hi."

"Can I help you?"

     Her voice was light and sweet.

"Is your name Angela Grayson by any chance?"

"Yes,  am I getting kidnapped?"

     I slightly laughed at her question, but she was serious. she looked at me wide eyed. Then and there I showed my badge.

"Is it okay if I ask you some questions?"

     She nodded and opened the door wider for me to enter her home. I walked inside, there was a lot of light in the room, but it wasn't a bad thing. There were also many stacks of books in some of the corners of the living room. 

     She closed the door and politely asked me to take a seat, she then asked me  if I wanted anything to drink. I declined and sat down on one of the base couches. I began to ask her some questions.

"Ms. Grayson did you ever work in Westerfield High?"

     She slowly nodded her head

"Yes I worked there a couple of months ago."

"Well there's some rumors going around about there being a drug deal in the school library. Including rumors on how you witnessed it."

     Angela quickly looked at her lap and swallowed harshly. She then looked back up at me.