Chapter 31 ~ Confusion

Booker P.O.V

The chapel

     There were cops everywhere. I took in sight Danielle Judy sitting down near my desk. I quickly went up to them. 

"Hey, are you okay?"

     Judy nodded and said,

"Yea, we're okay. Fuller's in his office."

     Out of nowhere Danielle grabbed the chest part of my sweater and held it in her fist. She pulled me closer towards me, it was startling.

"Got any candy!"

     I was confused by her question.

"What? No."

     Judy stood up and tried to detach Danielle off my sweater.

"C'mon I promise you'll eat."

     She eventually let go of me and I escaped to Fuller's office. There were two police officers speaking with Fuller. When Fuller saw me he quickly dissolved the conversations with them. I stepped inside while the officer's left.

"What happened here?"

"Mr. Lincoln gave us  little visit."

     I stepped closer to his desk.

"That bastard was here?"

     Fuller raised his eyebrows.

"Yea, with a gun."

     I sighed.

"Where's Tom and Alice?"

     Fuller gave me a puzzled look.

"Alice and Tom?"

     I slightly shrugged.

"They said they were going to meet us here."

"Hanson and Alice?"  Asked Fuller.

"Yea I saw them at a diner."

"They were together?"

"Yea, Alice helped Tom out."

"No wonder Mr. Lincoln showed up, he was looking for both of them."

"What are we supposed to do?" Asked Booker

"Well as much as I hate to say it, nothing. All we can do now is wait for Tom and Alice to show up."  Said Fuller

"What about Lincoln?"

"The police said they're going to stay in charge."

"And what do they expect? That we're just going to sit here and roam around."

"I'am sorry Booker, it's out of my control."

     I sighed deeply and left his office, leaving the door open. Judy and Harry sat together on the lunch table, while Danielle sat at her desk with her head down. Her arms were out of sight, they were covered by her streaked brown hair.

     I decided to go to the lunch table. I wasn't sure if Danielle felt okay or upset. I stood near her table.

"Hey."

      Judy looked up at me.

"Hey, Harry told me about you seeing Tom and Alice. I'm glad he's okay."