Chapter 45 ~ Don't Interrupt!

Danielle P.O.V

     "Captain!" I stumbled into Fuller's officer as quickly as I could. Fuller's head immediately jointed upwards and gave me a serious facial expression.

"Lavsinki one of these days you're going to give me a heart attack. Now, what's going on?"

"Captain," I said quieter as I tried to catch my breath.

"Give me a second, after all the times I've chased people you'd think those stairs would be easier to climb."

     I bent down, regaining my breath. Once I had collected myself I spoke to Fuller.

"Captain I think you should give Overwright a job."

     Fuller had opened his mouth to speak, but before he could I interrupted him.

"Wait! Before you say anything, let me state my reasons."

     I began to pace back and forth in Fuller's Office.

"First of all, she's a great cop, she really is and I think she has the experience and she has a good record, well had, before the Lincoln Incident. But that's behind us, you know to forgive and forget, even though I can't lie I don't forget, especially when you eat the food I've been saving in my fridge."

     Captain opened his mouth to speak again,

"Lavi-"

"Wait! Just let me finish. Anyway, I think she'a great and she can help us with this thing she's great and she can help us with this thing going on with Lincoln. I mean she did work with him for a couple of years. And I feel like she really knows some stuff about him. I have a feeling she never trusted him so she's always kind of been suspicious of him. That's how she knows so much about him. She's read his private journal."

     I flung my hands up in the air as I spoke, making strange facial expressions as usual.

"And I just visited her apartment and it looks crazy. I mean it's a mess she has newspapers and files everywhere, she's been doing some deep research on him. It's amazing really. I mean in a bedroom she has ropes on the ceilings where she clips newspaper articles and pictures of him. I mean it looks straight out of Hunter It's incredible yet bone-chilling at the same tim-"

"Shut up!!"

     I quickly stopped speaking and lowered my hands to my side.

"Just, shut up."

      I jointed my head backward, feeling insulted by Fuller. I had never seen him react in that way. there was a couple moments of silence. I didn't know what to say or do exactly, thankfully Fuller spoke eventually.

"Danielle Lavinski, I understand and I agree."

     My eyes felt as if they were to pop out of my face.

"Really?!" I shouted

"Yes," Fuller looked down onto the paper in front of him and picked up his pen.

"Thanks Captain, but how come you didn't tell me earlier?"

     Fuller just sighed deeply.

"Captain, I really appreciate it."

     I began to make my way out of his office,

"Lavinski."

    I turned around quickly,

"Yes, Captain?"

"Just take in mind... your in charge of this one. If anything goes wrong, you know who it's going to fall on."

"Yes, Captain. I know and I promise."

"By the way, she's not entirely hired until she gives me something to work with."

     I nodded,

"Yes, Captain."

     I turned back around and touched the doorknob, but before I could open the door I turned around one last time. I slightly smiled,

"Hey Captain, I really doubt she's going to be as much of a pain as I am."

     Fuller didn't even look back up at me.

"I hope so Lavinski."

     With that, I left the office and thought of all the information we can gain and the amount of progress with someone else on our side.

End of Chapter 45