Chapter 15 ~ A Day At Work

Danielle P.O.V

     'Er, er, er, er' I rolled my body over. I stretched my right arm over my purple sheets. I hit the top of my silver alarm clock.  It kept ringing. I hit it again even harder. It continued to ring. I grabbed the capsil of sound and flung it to my black bedroom carpet. The annoying sound had stopped.

"I hate mornings."

     I only lifted my upper body. I sat there thinking of what my schedule would look like today. I rubbed my eyes and pulled the sheets off myself. I turned my body to the side of the bed and stood up. I looked over at my wall clock. It was six twenty three. I stumbled into my bathroom. I felt the cold tile floor through my warn out socks. I did my business and took a shower. I might as well wash my hair since it had already gotten curly from yesterday's rain. My hair was glued to my back. I pushed my white shower curtains and snatched my towel and wrapped it around my head. I hopped out of the shower. I grabbed my toothpaste and toothbrush. I brushed my teeth. I went back into my bedroom. I opened my closet doors and picked out something to wear.

     High wasted Levi jeans, a silver laced Tain-top, white high top Converse and a dark blue flannel with white stripes.

     I tucked the Tain- top inside my pants. I layed the flannel over. I only buttoned the fifth button down and tucked in some parts of the flannel  in my pants. I grabbed my sunglasses and hooked them on the flannel pocket. Lastly I put on my converse. I felt my hair. my scalp was dry but my ends were damp.

'It'll dry.'

     I flipped parts of it to one side. I decided to not wear earrings, last time that happened it got stuck in my hair. I walked out of my bedroom and went into my kitchen. I checked the time. Six fifty eight. I grabbed a granola bar. 

     I heard a knock on my door. I quickly chewed on my bar. I grabbed my badge and pushed it into my right front pants pocket. I swung the door open to reveal a calm looking Judy. She had on a green stitched sweeter and some pants in which I couldn't decipher If they were white or base.

"Hey Jude, we'll leave I just gotta go get my keys."

      I quickly jogged to my bedroom. I got my key clip that was connected to my apartment keys. I hooked it onto one of my belt hoops on my pants. I went back into the living room to find a curious Judy looking at some of my family pictures I recently framed. 

     Judy turned to me and put the photo back on the small glass table.

Judy: Sorry I just got curious."

Danielle: Don't say sorry. They're there to be looked at.

     I smiled.

Judy: New ones huh?

     I walked closer to Jude.

Danielle: Yea, my mom recently sent them to me. She was cleaning some old stuff.

     Judy looked at the clock.

Judy: We better get going.

Danielle: Yea, your right. Let's go.

     Judy re-opened my apartment door. We went into the hallway. I locked my door and closed it I started to walk with Judy down one of the buildings hallway.

Judy: So how are your parents?

Danielle: Oh they're doing great. They're living their dream.

Judy: Going on vacation?