twelve - summertime sadness

[A/N]

This is the last chapter of this story and I just wanted to thank you for all the support and success I’ve gotten for this. I love my Wattpad fans and I hope you guys loved this story as much as I did writing it. This story also includes an epilogue, which will come soon. :-*

~*~

12.

Lia’s POV;

I walked over to Justin’s table and sat with him and the boys. The feeling was still there, I still felt like something was going to go wrong today. Whether it was me forgetting where my car keys where, or me leaving my 8th period homework in the library. I looked at Justin who was watching me with such an intense stare I didn’t know what to do. I think he knew something was wrong, but he didn’t want to acknowledge it right there in front of his friends.

“So Lia, why are you dating Justin and not me?” Kyle said, winking at me.

I covered my mouth, trying to keep down the water that I was feebly trying to swallow. “Excuse me?”

Justin laughed and said, “She heard how small your dick was and said no thanks.”

“Like yours is any bigger?” Kyle retorted.

“Much bigger.” I smiled to myself looking down at my tray. When the table went silent I looked up at shocked faces. “Did I say that out loud?”

“Yeah, you did.” Ryan laughed.

“Case closed, I’m bigger than you.” Justin said placing his hand on my thigh.

“No fair, the story you heard probably wasn’t even true!” Kyle sighed.

“Well, while you guys figure this out, I’m going to go back in line and grab a pizza.” I kissed Justin’s lips softly before getting up and retreating from the table.

Justin’s POV;

“You really like her.” Hunter said. It wasn’t a question; it was more like a statement. All of the boys nodded in agreement and looked at me. Chaz made whipping sounds with his mouth laughing from across the table, and even I joined in.

“Yeah, I do.” I nodded. “I like her a lot, you know? It’s like with Lia, everything’s good and I’d do anything for her. I’ve never really felt this way about a girl before and to be honest this doesn’t scare me, at all. I’m happily in love with her and I feel like if I lost her, I’d lose myself. Falling for someone in such short amount of time can be dangerous but I don’t even care…she gives me a reason to not give up.”

Kyle smiled and said, “I’m actually really happy for you, she makes you happy and I think I speak for all of us when I say we haven’t seen you this happy in a long time.”

I smiled and looked across the cafeteria, I felt like someone was watching me and sure enough, someone was. I saw Josh sitting alone at a table in the back of the cafeteria.  Josh was looking at me with such an intense glare on his face I couldn’t tell if whether he was angry or just really hurt. Whatever it was, if looks could kill, I would definantly be flopping up and down on this tile like a fish out of water. I looked up at Lia walking back towards the table with her long toned legs and her hair falling in her eyes as she tried to concentrate on where she walked and stayed out of people’s way. My heart just sank and I fell even more in love with her.

Josh’s POV;

I watched as Lia walked back towards Justin and sat with him. He leaned in and whispered something in her ear to make her laugh and she leaned in to share with the rest of the guys. I looked at the girls who envied her and the guys who envied Justin. One of them was me. He had my whole world right there and didn’t even know it. I don’t think he really cared. Lia was nothing more to him than just a piece of meat. Someone he could have for the moment, just because she was a challenge. Well…not so much anymore. He broke her down to pieces; she’s wide open and ready for him. I should be the one she was in love with. I could be that guy. The guy to do anything for her and the guy who loved her with every atom and cell in his body. She’ll realize today. She’ll know, that I was meant for her and that we were meant to be. Lia will be mine.

Or else.

Justin’s POV;

The bell rang dismissing us to our 7th period class. I sighed and let the cafeteria empty before we I stood up and grabbed Lia’s hand. “I love you.”

“I love you more.” She stood on her tippy toes to kiss me.

I kissed her lightly on the lips before something told me to pull away. So I did and saw Josh slowly stand up. “Yo, Josh.”

“Shut up.” He growled.

“Josh, what did we ever do to you?” Lia asked. Kyle, Ryan, Chaz and Hunter stopped and looked at us. “We were best friends Josh…”

“Yeah, key word Lia, were. You were my everything and that got taken away from me.” Josh paused. “So, now, it’s time for me to take back what’s mine.” He pulled out a pistol from behind his back and aimed it right at me. “Lia, walk away.”

I pushed Lia behind me, “Guys, take her to class.”

“Justin!” Lia screamed, as Hunter grabbed her, trying to pull her out the cafeteria. “Josh, please don’t do this to me.”

He aimed the gun at Lia, “Shut up! It’s always about you. It was always about you. I did everything for you. Who picked you up when you were in tears because your mom left? Who held you when you woke up in cold sweats because of the dreams of your dad? That was me, all me! We used to sit around and talk about these people and you’ve become one!”

“I thank you for everything you’ve done, but by you killing someone I love you won’t get closer to me! That’s not doing anything but pushing me further away…please, just don’t.”

Josh pointed the gun back at me, and slowly closed the space between us until the gun was physically on my forehead, his finger on the trigger. I heard Lia in the background crying, and the words I wanted to say got caught in my throat. “Go ahead, say the last things you want to say.”

“Lia, I love you.” I whispered. “You know I love you and I don’t want anything to happen to you, so please. Just go to class, if this is how it’s supposed to be, this is how it’s supposed to be.”

“Don’t say goodbye, because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting…” she whispered.

“Can I at least hold her one last time?” I asked Josh.

He looked back and forth between me and Lia before nodding his head slightly.

I looked at her and felt her body crush to mine, I kissed her over and over and wiped her tears. “Lia baby, don’t cry. You’re too perfect to cry.”

“Okay enough.” Josh groaned.

I only held on tighter to Lia’s shaking body. I watched as Hunter and Kyle ran towards Josh and tried to wrestle him to the ground. Ryan and Chaz were pulling us along to get out the cafeteria. As soon as we hit the door the gun sounded off and Lia’s body went still. I watched her look down and a red stain grew bigger and bigger on her shirt as she dropped to her knees, gasping for air. I heard someone run over and I looked up to see Josh crying. I pushed him up against the wall, fighting tears of my own, “This is your damn fault!”

“I didn’t mean to, this wasn’t supposed to happen!” He cried.

I felt the tears slip from my eyes as I pushed him to the ground. I pushed Hunter and Kyle out the way and lifted Lia’s body in my arms. Tears rimmed her eyes as she looked at me. “Someone go get the nurse or something!” I yelled. Her body started shaking in my arms. I shushed her and tried my best to soothe her, humming melodies and wiping her tears. “The pain will go away baby, this will all be over soon I promise, okay? You’re going to be fine Lia; this will all be over soon.”

“I love you Justin.” She choked out.

“I love you too Princess.” I kissed her lips softly.

This will all be over soon.