chapter seven - national anthem

7.

Justin’s POV;

“So she just walked away from you?” Hunter asked.

“Yeah.” I muttered. I didn’t even know why they were all here. They didn’t need to be, I only called Hunter over.

“Eh, well, where’s my money?” Kyle asked laughing.

I looked at him, “Are you serious?”

“What? It’s not like you actually fell for this girl. You’re a player Justin; you can have any girl you want.” Kyle said.

“I don’t want any girl okay? I fucking like Lia, a lot and that scares me but I don’t care. That girl has gone through too much to be heart broken by someone like me. I want her, guys. I really fucking want her.” I sighed.

“About time you experience love.” Hunter groaned.

“So what’re you gonna do?” Ryan asked.

“I need to get her back.” I ran my fingers through my hair.

“How do we help you?” Kyle asked.

“You guys would really help me?” I asked, looking all of them in the eye.

“We’re your boys, of course.” Chaz said.

2 Days Later;

Lia’s POV;

I was walking to chemistry when I was pulled to the side by Kyle. I snatched my arm out of his grasp and hit him, “What was that for?”

“What was that for?” He mimicked me, rubbing his arm.

“You’re the one who touched me first.”

“Look, Ryan needs help he started mixing chemicals in chemistry and let’s just say…it ain't pretty.”

“Where is he?”

“He’s by the janitors closet. I told him I’ll find you, so you can help him out with getting the crap off his clothes.” Kyle said pointing down the hall.

I muttered an okay, and walked down the hall, only to find no Ryan. I turned around in a full circle and shrugged, only to get pulled into the janitors closet. “Ow Ryan.” I groaned and when I turned around I saw Justin.

“Look, you have to hear me out.”

“I do not!” I yelled, grabbing for the handle, only to pull it open and have Hunter and Kyle push me back in the closet and close the door. “Well, I guess I do.”

“Lia, please, I really care for you.”

“I already gave you your fifty bucks Justin, you win.”

He punched the wall and looked at me. I watched the glare in his eye as he pulled out his wallet and handed me the fifty back. “I don’t want to fucking win anything if I lose you. Lia, I have never wanted anything more than I have ever want you. I like being around you, I like the smile you put on my face. I’m sorry about the bet. I’m sorry that I fucked everything up, but please. One more chance.”

I looked at the fifty then up at him, “You think this is gonna fucking help me? I trusted you.”

“I know you did Lia, and it’s not like I lied to you. I told you the truth about the bet and now you’re pushing me away. You’re just being selfish again.”

“You were wrong.”

“About what?”

“About someone getting close to me and me not being able to control it. I can, that’s why I’m walking away from you right now.” I slapped the fifty back in his hand and swung the door back open, pushing myself between the two football players before the tears came.

I couldn’t do it.

Justin’s POV;

“Dammit! Dammit, fuck, shit, fuck!” I yelled, punching the walls over and over. I heard Kyle and Hunter open the door but they just stood there watching me. I groaned as the tears came. “Why would you let her slip past you?”

“Justin, we can always try another time.”

“No! No we can’t, she’s giving up. I don’t want her to, but she is.”

“Justin, you can’t give up. You love her, so you fight for her.” Hunter based.

I stood up straight and looked at my two friends. “You’re right dammit. She’s going to listen to me.” I ran after her. “Lia, come back here.”

Lia’s POV;

I heard someone that sounded like Josh behind me. I ran back when I saw the wrong person. “Justin give up!” I yelled wiping angrily at the tears staining my face.

“No! I won’t give up on you.”

I glared at him, “What is this? Another bet? Lemme guess, they think I won’t forgive you, and you think I will. Sucks, you’re gonna lose this bet.” I threw my arms up. “What is it with you guys. All you ever do is…” I was shut up with a kiss. Justin pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms tight around my waist. I kissed him back and I cursed myself for doing it but I did. Even with my Jeffry Campbell’s on I was still too short so I stepped on my tippy toes and wrapped my arms around his neck, locking my fingers in his hair.

I was done for.