chapter five - carmen

5.

Lia’s POV;

I was tossing and turning in my bed, the same dream every night. I watched as we swerved off the road and my dad grabbed for my hand but I moved too slow. I kept reaching for my dad but he kept slipping through my fingers and I kept crying out for him. He was so close but so far away, it was like every movement I made to get closer to him, he would make a movement ten times faster to get me away. I cried out for him one last time before I felt the darkness creep over me. The flashback went straight to the ambulance and me searching for my dad. The medics were watching me, trying to get me to take breaths, and getting the pieces of glass out my head and cuts. I couldn’t stop. The flashbacks kept pouring down on me.

Justin’s POV;

I kept hearing screaming. The muffled words sounded so familiar and I didn’t know what to do. The sound was annoying me, but I wanted to know what the sound was. I sat up in my bed and rubbed at my eyes. That’s when I heard her…I heard her call out for her dad. I pushed the blankets out the way and grabbed my room key off my nightstand. I didn’t care that I was in just a pair of boxers; I made my way across the hall as quickly as I could. I banged on the door and that’s when the screaming stopped. I heard the door unlock slowly and opened up to a tear stained Lia. I placed my hands on both sides of her face as she kept crying and placed her hands over mine. “Lia, you scared me half to death, are you okay?”

“I couldn’t save him Justin, I couldn’t…” she broke down.

All I could do was pull her into my arms. I closed the door behind me and slid down, once again in this position. I bit my lip to keep myself from crying as well. I held on tight to her shaking body, and tried my hardest to comfort her. I kissed the top of her head, telling her over and over that it was going to be okay.

About an hour later, her crying stopped. Lia’s breathing was ragged but I could tell that she asleep. I lifted her up, careful not to wake her up. I walked over to her bed and placed her down softly. I pulled the blankets up to her chin and kissed her forehead softly.

I was about to walk out the room when I heard her sit up abruptly. “Justin?”

I turned around to look at her, “You want something?”

I heard her shuffle around, pulling the blankets off. “Don’t leave me alone.”

I frowned, “Lia, go sleep, you’re tired. I know it.”

She started shaking again, “Please…I need you.”

I nodded and walked over to her bed. I lay on the left side; careful not to touch her to make her think I wanted more than just to sleep beside her. When she pulled me closer to her, and wrapped my arms around her small waist, my instincts told me to pull her closer so I did. After five minutes, she as sleeping once again.

It felt nice to hold her in my arms and not even think about sex or anything like that. Just to have her in my arms for the night, having her warm body so close to mine, was enough for me.

The thought in the back of my head has been creeping up on me since the first time I had her in my arms.

I’m definantly falling for this girl, and I don’t want anything to stop me. 

[A/N]

I understand this was a touchy chapter but it held a lot of emotion. You could see how both of their feelings are, and see inside the mind of them both. I think so far this is my favorite chapter, how about you? 

Also a pic of Hunter on the side (Liam Hemsworth with the leisure of seeing Chris, mmm.)