three - born to die

3.

A week later;

Justin’s POV;

I was sitting in the library, waiting for Lia, when the first bell rang; I finally gave up waiting for her and walked to my first period class. I haven’t talked to Lia since our little encounter at her house and she didn’t show up to school. All my boys think I’m going to lose the bet and I have a feeling I will too, but right now Lia was all I was worried about. I frowned and sat down in my usual seat as the final bell rung and my boys gathered around me. I tuned them out as the teacher walked in and started talking about Shakespeare and some irrelevant other people in English theater history. It was halfway through the class when I saw Lia walk in the classroom. She was looking around until her eyes finally landed on me, and at that very moment it felt like we were the only two people in the room. “Lia?” I whispered.

“Yes Mrs. Delrizzo, can I help you?” Mrs. Tankersley asked.

“I actually have a pass from Justin’s mom for an early release.” Lia said, chewing on her lip. She handed the note to my teacher, as she nodded towards me, telling me it was legit.

I gathered my stuff quickly, not wasting any time, to make my way over to her. I looked back at Kyle and Hunter who were checking out Lia, in her short shorts and loose cropped topped sweater. She wore her hair down to cascade around her shoulders, and her fingers were covered in gold rings. She was wearing a pair of all black low top vans and when she saw me, her eyes lit up and a smile covered her face. As I walked out the room, I slowly wrapped my arm around her shoulder and for once she didn’t shrug me off.

Lia’s POV;

“Where have you been?” Justin finally asked me as we walked out the building.

“I’ve been taking time for myself.”  I motioned towards my hair. “I let my hair down.”

“It looks good on you.” He said stopping in front of my car.

I looked up at him, and leant on my tippy toes, kissing him lightly on the cheek. “Thank you.”

“For what?” He seemed surprised.

“For giving me a reality check, and making me realize I’m not the only one in the world with issues…and for holding me while I cried.”

I watched that cocky smile creep up on his face. “Couldn’t leave my lady crying.”

I laughed a little, “I’m also sorry for the things I said…you’re not the dick I thought you were.”

I watched as the cocky smile disappeared and a sincere one appeared on his face, “I didn’t mean what I said either. You’re not the bitch I thought you were.”

I looked down at my feet and whispered, “I drove to San Francisco, and I visited my dad’s grave…that was the reason I wasn’t here for a week.”

Justin leaned against my car, “How did that make you feel?”

I sighed, “Visiting my dad? Wow, it was like he was actually there, listening to every word I said, and it was like he was willing for me not to cry because I didn’t need to, but I wanted to.”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a big hug. It was nice; to have someone’s arms around me other than Josh’s. Someone that I never thought would even be here in front of me, hugging me in the first place. “Where did you say?”

I inhaled Justin’s scent and whispered, “My grandmothers, I stayed safe.”

“That’s good.”

I pulled away, unwillingly, and walked to the driver’s seat. “Get in.”

He walked over to the passenger seat and buckled in, “Where are we going?”

I smiled and pulled out of the parking lot. “You’ll see.”

Justin’s POV;

I listened to the words of the song playing on the radio.

You make me so nervous, calm me down, calm me down. Wake you up, in the middle of the night to say, I will never gonna walk away again, I’m never gonna leave this bed.

 I looked over at Lia who was staring at the road before us. I watched her features, and I knew she was thinking the same thing I was.

I need you to trust me, go easy don’t rush me; help me out, I need you to help me out.

 I wasn’t going to walk away from Lia but, I knew she didn’t fully trust me yet.

Take it, take it all, take all that I have. Give it all away just to get you back. Fake it, fake it, I’ll take what I can get.

I caught myself thinking about Lia a little too hard, but I noticed her hand slumped comfortably on the armrest. I looked out the window and slowly brushed my arm against hers. I felt this electric pull towards her. I slowly grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers, and when she only gripped my hand tighter, I found myself releasing a breath I didn’t realize I was holding in. I glanced at her from out the corner of my eye and saw her biting back a smile and a faint blush painted on her cheeks. “Seriously Lia, we’ve been driving for about an hour.”

“Don’t make me give up the surprise.”

“What surprise?”

“Shut up.” She smiled.

“Wow is the old Lia coming back?” I teased.

“Yeah she is, or isn’t. Who knows?”

“The old Lia really turned me on you know.” I winked. She just laughed and turned onto the turnpike, I saw the exit she was making way for. I looked at her in disbelief. “Are you seriously about to drive to Los Angeles?”

“Our two day trip to paradise.” She smiled to herself.

“My parents will flip shit! I don’t even have clothes.” I said, half happy, half worried.

“Don’t worry,” Lia started, “Your parents gave me full permission. I was talking about how I really needed a friend with me right now, and that I would love to have you there with me, because I’m going through a hard time.”

I looked over at her in disbelief, “Why didn’t you call Josh?”

She stopped at the red light, “Someone once told me to let other people in my life, and that’s what I’m doing.”

[A/N]

A Special Thanks to Kidrauhll for the cover! This story is also dedicated to her for being so supportive!

I also hope you guys are liking the story so much. J