four - video games

4.

Lia’s POV;

We pulled up to the Hilton we were staying at and I shook a sleeping Justin sitting beside me. It was only 2 in the afternoon and about an hour on the road he passed out. So much for a road trip. “Justin,” I shook him softly, “Come on honey, wake up we’re here.”

He sat up, “Yeah, what happened?”

I sat back, “We’re at the hotel, we need to check in, and then I thought I could take you to this burger place my dad always brought me.”

He nodded looking up at me, “Sounds good, I could totally go for something to eat right now.”

~*~

“Okay so I’m room 404, and you’re room 405.” I told Justin, handing him his room key.

“So, separate rooms?” He laughed.

“Yes, Mr. Bieber, separate rooms.” I smiled, walking towards the elevators.

“It’s okay, I’ll find a way to wake up to you one of these days.”

“Whatever you say.” I winked.

We rode the elevator up to the 4th floor and I walked to the right to find our room.  I grimaced when I realized our room was right beside this frigging ice machine.

“I like ice.” I heard Justin say from behind me, opening up the door to his room, placing his bag on the floor and then closing it again. “Oh yeah, I hope you packed me some good clothes, and nothing ugly to get back at me.”

“I don’t think I would want to be seen with someone who looked like Hey Arnold.”

He laughed, “When you insult me, it just comes off as a turn on.”

I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face, opening up the door to my room, walking in and placing my bag on my bed. “I have to pee, so wait here.”

“I’m not going anywhere else.” He smiled.

Justin’s POV;

“I would like a ½ pound burger with everything on it but onions, and a large chocolate shake.” Lia told the waiter.

I had already ordered but he didn’t pay much attention to the words I said. I was prepared to have a fucked up order. It was obvious he was trying to hit on Lia, brushing past her on accident and looking at her with a purpose in her eyes. I felt jealous clench in my gut, but I fought it away. I had something to focus on…what was it again? Oh yeah, the bet with Kyle. I don’t even think about it anymore. I just watched as the waiter looked back at Lia as he walked away to see if she was watching. She wasn’t.  I leaned forward and grabbed both her hands, “So, tell me about your dad.”

I felt her tense up, “What…what about him?”

I instantly regretted the words that slipped out my mouth, “You don’t have to tell me, you know. I just figured you don’t just bring anyone to places you and your father went.”

Her green eyes looked back at me, “You’re right…” she took a deep breath. “My dad was every bit of perfect. His name was Joey, Joey Delrizzo and I was just another version of him. He was fun, and energetic and perfect. He was a New York Italian and he was just hilarious, he often took me places to try different things like food, and rides and places. He showed me what art was, and supported every decision I would make.  My dad was my best friend, he taught me how to love life…that was until the accident and…it was all my fault.”

I watched as she got choked up and I gently rubbed her hands with mine, “You don’t need to go on, if you don’t want to.”

She shook her head and a few tears fell from her eyes. “I closed up after he died. I never wanted anyone as close to me as my dad was. I looked up to him, idolized him, admired him, and without him life just instantly got hard.”

I leaned over the table and lifted her chin, “Don’t blame yourself for the accident, there was nothing in the world that you could’ve done to prevent it. Your dad loved you, and I know he still does. He may be a little mad with you right now, because you’re going against what he taught you. You said he taught you to live life, and to just be fun and outgoing, and trust me, I understand that by him dying, it was hard for you to bear, but you can move forward, and you can do what he wants you to. You can’t give up, because you know he wouldn’t have wanted you to do that.”

She looked me in the eye with those big green eyes, “You’re right.”

I didn’t know what else to do, so I finally leaned over the table and closed the space between us, and kissed her.

Lia’s POV;

He was kissing me; he was actually frigging kissing me! I couldn’t believe it. I pulled away shyly and looked down. I heard him sit back and sigh.

“I shouldn’t have done that, right?” He asked. “God, I’m so stupid.”

I looked up at him, “No…it’s just…that was my first kiss.”

I watched his jaw go slack, “Seriously?”

I blushed, “Don’t laugh, please don’t laugh.”

“Have you ever had a boyfriend?”

“Well, I’ve had a guy friend…but not something like, a real boyfriend.”

Justin chuckled softly, “I cannot believe this. I was your first kiss.”

And hopefully my first for other things, I thought. “Hey it was unwillingly.” I smiled as our food came to the table.

I was starting to fall for this boy.

~~~~

[A/N]

I am totally falling in love with this story right now, I can’t even begin to explain how much I enjoy writing this story. I hope you guys are liking the story too, because I’m adding a lot of my personal emotion in here. I’m working really hard for you guys before I start my job and before I go to Florida.

If you have any feedback please leave it below, I love your comments! J