two - off to the races

2.

Lia’s POV;

I found myself checking myself in the mirror before I walked over to the door to open it for Justin. I don’t know why I was worrying, but Justin was popular and I didn’t want to look stupid. I made sure my eye makeup didn’t run and that my belt was placed on right. I slowly walked over to the door and opened it slowly to see a smiling Justin on the other side. “Wow, five thirty, earlier than I expected.”

He laughed a little, “Gonna let me in, or tutor me outside.”

I opened the door a little bit wider, just enough for him to slip past me and stand there watching me. I closed the door and walked past him, towards the stairs up to my room. “Follow me, and take your shoes off at the door.”

Justin’s POV;

I slowly pulled my shoes off as I watched Lia walk up the stairs. Her ass moved side to side, and I groaned at the thought of feeling her lips on mine as she sat on my lap. I walked up the stairs behind her into her room, which looked like Urban Outfitters itself. The bookshelf in the corner of her huge room was cluttered but not messy, kind of interesting in an inviting way. She had half body mannequins for designing and in the corner was a station for her sewing machine and threads. She had shelves for her shoes beside her closet, and an old style body length mirror in the corner of her room. The doors to her closet were made of glass and were open widely, just waiting for me to step in. Her bed had different kinds of quilts and blankets on it, the mattress round and low to the floor, with her MacBook sitting on top of her pillows. Her floors were wood, and I could hear the soft pad of her feet as she moved around slightly, looking for her textbooks on her bookshelf. “I feel like I’m in a store. Your room is really cool.”

She stopped suddenly and turned to look at me, “What?”

“Your room, I like it, really. It’s different.”

“Well, you’re the first, other than Josh.” She smiled a little before turning back to her shelf.

“What is it with you and Josh anyways? You two dating?” I wondered, if so, this challenge was gonna be a lot harder.

“No, Josh is not my boyfriend nor do I ever plan on us being an item.”

“Oh, I see.”

“If you’re trying to medal in my life it won’t work.”

“I’m not…” pause. “So, your parents coming home anytime soon?”

She stopped moving. It was like every joint in her body stopped working. I walked up behind her and watched her. I said something wrong.

Lia’s POV;

I thought of my parents. The second Justin asked that question my mind flashed back to the moment my mom was speeding on the freeway and my dad yelled at her to slow down, but she didn’t. Mommy kept going and going and then finally my dad leaned over and grabbed the wheel. It was all such a blur, I remember waking up in an ambulance crying out for my father when he was nowhere in reach. I didn’t know that would’ve been the last time I saw him. When I felt a hand on my shoulder I jumped and snapped out of my trance. I angrily wiped at the tears that stained my face. “Don’t ask me about my parents.” I told Justin.

He pulled me back to him, I looked him in the eye and I know he saw the pain in my eyes. “I didn’t mean to say something wrong. I may be a huge dick, but I’m here for you…only if you need me.”

“Thank you.” I whispered, I slowly stood up straight and pulled my confidence back over me. “But, I have Josh so it’s fine.”

Justin dropped his arm and just stared at me, “Look, you tell me not to hit on you and to be sweet and kind and all this bullshit, but yet you shoot me down when I try and comfort you?”

“I’m going through a lot of things okay? So I don’t need someone to feel pity for me! Especially you, Justin! You’re nothing, do you not understand that? You’re just some guy that wants every girl in the world to like you only for you to shoot them down and break their hearts! You don’t fool me, nor will you ever fool me.”

“You’re a bitch! Did you ever know that? Maybe I’m going through things too, but you would never know! You’re selfish, that’s what you are, and maybe one day you’ll realize that not everyone is out to hurt you! Maybe they actually give a fuck about you and want to help you!” Justin retorted.

“Get out! Get the hell out of my house!” I yelled, pushing him back.

“Fine!” He said walking out my room, slamming the door.

I didn’t fight the tears. I ran my ring covered fingers over my face and cried harder than I ever have before, since my father died. I let out all my frustration on Justin and I didn’t mean too.

I’m always such a fuck up.

Justin’s POV;

I sat outside her house. I didn’t even bother to leave the front porch because I heard her footsteps following close behind me. I stalked and paced the perimeter before she came outside. I turned to look at her and frowned. Her tears, they broke my heart. I barely knew this girl but I didn’t care, I just wanted to care for her. This was a side of her I’ve never seen before. She closed the door behind her and I just quickly pulled her into my arms as she started to cry. I held onto her shaking body as we slid down the wall and she continued to release all the pain she was holding in. What seemed like hours later, I finally asked, “Just…how broken are you Lia?”

She didn’t reply for a while. I didn’t expect her to say anything when she said, “Very.”

“Any chance I could help fix you?”

“People give up in the end.”

“What if I don’t? What if I’m not those other people?”

“I’d be surprised.”

“I’m not used to this kind of Lia, it’s breaking my heart to see you cry, so please, don’t do it in front of me again.”

I was feeling something for this girl… and I wasn’t sure if this was good or bad.

[A/N]

I hope you guys liked this chapter. I want this to move fast, but not too fast, considering this is a summer novel. Unless this gets praised like It was a Mistake and Bieber and Juliet, then maybe I will continue the story.

I hope you guys really like this story because I like writing it.