Chapter 43: Axel

"Oh my gosh is that two lines?" Jae said and I immediately look over her shoulder and there was two lines. One dark one and one light one, it was thin but it was there.

"Let me see." Erin called out loud then came over to us, grabbing Jae's wrist and squinting her eyes.

"Both y'all can't see. That's a hair."

"What?" Jae pulled her hand away and looked at the test again.

"That's a hair or an eyelash, see look." Erin grabbed Jae's wrist again and blew on the test.

"See one line." The second line was gone.

Jaelyn's Pregnancy Test

"Yass. I really thought you jinxed me munchkin. I was about to breakdown. Then I was going to beat you up. Then go back to my temper tantum, I was about to turn into a lil bit..."

Ring. Ring.

My phone started to ring. I grabbed it from my pocket and it was a number I didn't recognize. I wasn't going to answer and let it go to voicemail but something told me to answer it and that's what I did.

"I'm bout to step out real quick."

"Where you going?" Jae asked me before I walked out the door. I could tell she was already about to flip, but I had to answer this call.

"Take this call real quick. I'll be back. Chill." I walked out the room and answered the call.

"Hello."

"Hi this Sandra James, secretary to Dave Charles. I am calling to confirm a meeting I have set up for you and Mr. Charles tomorrow at 10 am. Correct?"

"Yes. That's right."

"I assume you had a conversation with him concerning what was needed during this meeting."

"Yes."

"Do you have any questions for me?"

"Nope, everything good."

"Okay, see you tomorrow Mr. Parks."

"You too bye."

My heart was racing so fast, this was it. I was finally going to do it. To think around this time I would of been at Harvard chasing my parents dreams and then after I would spend 4 to 8 years to pursue a career I never wanted. A smile went across my face.

I walked back to the door and pushed it open and I heard two thuds. I poked my head in and both Jae and Erin was laying on the floor.

"That's what y'all get being nosey."