Chapter 10: Axel

I walked back into the mall and told Erin that Jaelyn was outside. Jaelyn really pissed me off today. I swear she is so damn stubborn.

"Mei, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Was that your girlfriend?"

"Uhmm. No, she..."

"It didn't seem that way to me."

"What do mean by that?"

"Clearly she likes you. Plus she was jealous that we were here together."

"You think so?"

"Guys are so freaking clueless. Yes, she obviously likes you and I'm pretty sure she would have yanked me out my seat if you didn't take her away soon enough and I would have got beat up because I can't fight."

"Well, that's good right?

"That I can't fight or I would have got beaten up?"

"No. That she like me. I have been trying to win her over since I first seen her."

"Yeah, the thought of you moving on must of scared her."

"That's not a good thing, she probably thinks I don't like her anymore or I was playing her. I got to talk to her." I was prepared to leave to find Jae and explain to her that I was not on a date with Mei.

"Axel, sit down. Let her cool off. We'll find her later on today, but first I'm going to eat your fries." She grabs my basket of fries and takes off.

"Mei get back here." I chased after her. Mei and I spent a few more hours goofing around.

"Mind if I take a detour, real quick." We were in the car by now.

"You trying to see your wifey? By the way I expected to be best man at the wedding."

"Don't you mean maid of honor?"

"No, don't be sexist. I can be what ever I want to be and I want to be best man."

"Okay, Mei. It's all yours." I pulled up in front of Jaelyn's apartment building.

"Awesome. I'm going to look so fly in my pantsuit."

"You're going to wear a suit also?"

"Hell yeah. Don't be too sad if my suit takes away from the whole wedding."

"Like hell you will. Wait why are we talking about a wedding that might not happen if I can't get her to talk to me."

"Axel." She smacks my phone out my hand.

"What the hell?"

"Look at me. I'm the captain now. Okay, You have to be positive and let it marinate in the universe."

"Okay hippie."

"For one I'm a free spirit not a hippie, that's like me calling you a..."

"Before you finish you're like me too."

"Damnit." I retrieved my phone from the floor and text Jaelyn to meet me.

Chinatown ⛩️: Can you come outside? I'm at your place.

Jaelyn 💘: Why?

Chinatown ⛩️: So we can talk.

Jaelyn 💘: Talk to May.

Chinatown ⛩️: It's Mei.

Jaelyn 💘: Don't care.

Chinatown ⛩️: Bring your ass outside Jae. Let's just talk okay. You want answers and I'm trying to give them to you. So come outside.