Chapter 37: Axel

I had went to sleep that night after tossing and turning all night. Everything had been going crazy especially with my parents, I was fortunate enough that Ms. Evan let me stay the night and for that I was grateful.

I was a little nervous especially with this DNA test and the results. I was almost positive that he wasn't mine. I just hoped she found her real one if he wasn't mine.

"I have the letter." I sat up in my seat nervous. Jaelyn grabbed my hand, I looked at her and she had a light smile upon her lips.

"Okay, I'm ready." Jaelyn then ripped open the envelope and opened letter reading the content out loud.

"In the suit of Axel Parks, the probability of paternity is 99.9998%, looks like you have a son." She handed me the paper.

I looked at the paper for myself and it as true, I was little AJ's father. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I do know I was going to step up and take care of my responsibility.

"Congratulations daddy." I looked up at Jae and she was clearly upset.

"I don't understand, I used protection and I pulled out. I was sure I wasn't the father."

"Well it wasn't good enough." She got up and walked to the door.

"Jaelyn..."

"Axel, look I already told you I was not about to play step mama to Yazira's baby. I think you should go." She held the door open.

"Where am I going to go?" I walked up to the door and stood on the outside.

"I don't know, but you can't stay here. I'm done."

"I didn't mean for this to happen, Jae. You got to believe me. Please."

"Bye Axel." She slammed the door in my face. I stood there for a while pleading with her to give me a chance, give us a chance.

When I finally got down the stairs, she had already thrown my things out the window. I couldn't believe it was over between us. She gave up on us, but I couldn't. I would just give her space, but I would go after her again and gain her love and trust and that was a promise.

I didn't see AJ, til a couple weeks later. Yazira had moved back in with her mom, When I went over to Yazira's mom place, AJ was awake. I had held him for the first time and he looked just like me.

"Is he sleep yet?" Yazira asked me as she walked in the living area with a bottle.

"No." She sat beside me on the couch and grabbed AJ from me.

"I heard about you and Jaelyn." She stuck the bottle in his mouth and looked at me with sympathy.

"Yeah, but I'm just giving her time to get herself together. She's just in shock that's all." Or was I in denial.

"Where are you staying?"

"With Nate and Marshaun. They leave the window unlocked at night and I sneak in and out. Alternating houses." That's where I been living after me and Jae split up and she put me out.

"Oh. Well you can stay here, if you want We got a spare."

"I don't know. I'm still trying to make it work with Jae and if she finds out that I'm here she's going to flip."

"Well...I heard she moved on."

"What?"

"Let me show you." She showed me a picture on Jae's Instagram of her and some other guy.

" She showed me a picture on Jae's Instagram of her and some other guy