Percy x Reader (9)

You lazily adjusted your bun and slouched over to the door of your cabin. You made sure not to move too much as to not wake up your bunkmates. The door creaked open, and you hid your fluttering heart with fake annoyance at the sea green eyes you saw. Ah, Percy Jackson. Your sparring partner, your adventure buddy, your best friend, and nothing more. "What brings you here at six in the morning, Jackson?" You asked coolly.

"I think you'll like this surprise this time." He whispered, noting the snoring campers. He held up two tickets. It read: Long Beach Aquarium - Full Day Pass. His trained agility prepared him to instantly put his hand over your mouth to muffle your loud squeal. You absolutely loved ocean animals, one thing that brought you and Percy together. They were the one subject that caused you to break your laidback facade, the one that only Percy brought out. Cool it down a little, (Y/N).

You tried to straighten up again, but Percy never misses the glint in your eyes. "So, ah, should I get ready right now?" Percy nodded, and you walked away back into your cabin. "Oh, and (N/N)?" "Hmm?" "You know you never have to act calm and poised around me, right? Let that inner 5-year-old come out sometimes. It looks good on you." You blushed, and offered him a rare crooked grin. Well, today should be fun.

In the car, you and Percy grooved to some P!ATD and One Direction, the latter being what Percy forced onto you. "Ugh, I swear, if you keep going I'll rip off your d-" "WE DANCED ALL NIGHT TO THE BEST SONG EVER!" Percy yelled in the most annoying tone yet. "Finally! We're here!" You made a show of quickly leaving the car and slamming the door, getting a chuckle from Percy.

After tickets were scanned, you two entered the modern building. Percy whistled. "Damn, grander than I expected. Like what you see, (Y/N)? ... (Y/N)?" But you were far too thrilled to hear him. Mouth slightly open, you walked slowly to the center of the floor, which was only the beginning room, mind you. You twirled around, taking in the whole scheme of things. Percy grinned from ear to ear. "Guess I made the right choice of plans, then!"

You whirled back to him and excitedly started punching him in the chest. "Ow!" He batted your fists away, still with a goofy grin plastered on his face. "Come on, slowpoke." You turned and waltzed through the corridors of the building.

Sharks intrigued you, hanging your arms carelessly over the glass barriers keeping the sharks in their open tank. Children stared with wide eyes as you calmly stroked a rather hefty shark swimming by.

Then were the penguins. Seeing how they moved across the cool ice, Percy did his best, most awkward impression of their waddle and chased you around promptly. You yelled, ducking as he pretended to peck you. "You idiot, stop that!" You giggled. A security officer nearby raised her eyebrow and pointed towards the exit. You rolled your eyes. "Way to go, goofball." You looped your arm around his and made a show of bumping into the guard on the way out.

The manta rays were what excited you the most. Percy knew this, and leaned in to your ear. "Remember our first date, when I took you on one of these guys and rode you to the sunset?" His whispered memory sent shivers down your spine. You led him right to the very large tank and scanned the room, making sure no one was there. Satisfied, you turned back and jumped straight in, earning a very feminine shriek from Percy? "(Y/N)! What're you doing?" He quietly yelled, though you smirked at the curiosity in his eyes. You grabbed his arm and pulled him into the water. "Let's recreate that magical day."

His worried expression turned warm at the thought. Whispering into the air, he coaxed one of the big rays over for you two to mount. He got on first, and held his hand out to you. "Shall we ride off, my lady?" You bit your lip and mounted on, eager to spend the rest of the day joyriding the magnificent beasts.

Thank you so much for reading this aquarium imagine! If you liked it, please leave a vote, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!