Nico x Reader (10)

First day on your quest, and you two were already Iris-Messaging. You rubbed your eyes, tired from a day of traveling. Nico chuckled at the sound of Grover and Percy snoring in the background. "Babe, I appreciate your worry about me, but I've been training years for a mission directly from my dad, Apollo himself! Plus, I've got my brother, a camp legend, mind you, and Grover with me." You yawned.
     "You know I'll always worry about you." You heard his voice crackling up a bit. "But you're right. You're a better fighter than me surrounded by the best protection a girl can have. Just wish I was there to keep you safe too." He looked at you with melted chocolate eyes, fixated with deep concentration and care. How I wish I could reach through the Mist and ruffle his hair.
     The comfortable silence was interrupted by Percy's groggy voice through your campground. "Stop talking to your boyfriend and get some sleep (N/N)..." he mumbled. You softly laughed. "Sorry, Neeks, you heard the man." "No worries, it's nearly three in the morning anyways, and I've been planning to do a long training session tomorrow." You felt a tinge of guilt for having him stay up this long for you. "Sleep tight, sunshine, and good luck out there." You suppressed giggled at the soft and loving voice that only you are lucky enough to hear.

     A month later, and the tradition of nightly Iris-Messaging still goes strong. "We're nearly at the house of my dad's twins. Why he just now realized that they're powerful and valuable assets to the camp after believing they were insignificant their entire life, I'll never know. We stumbled upon another lost demigod along the way though; his name is Ryland, and he's around our age! His sword fighting is incredible for not having any proper training at all."
     Nico's usually stoic expression faltered at the sight of a muscularly and attractively built teenager in the background, folding up sleeping bags for another day of travel. You burst out laughing at this new side of Nico. "Oh, my precious death boy, you amuse me." He clicked his tongue at the name.
     "I'm all yours, you know that? Am now, always will be." You tilted your head and reached out your hand to the Mist, Nico's charm bracelet he gifted you dangling from your wrist. Your heart fluttered when he followed suite, touching the image of your hand with a matching skull bracelet adorning his own wrist.

     A week later. It was about 12 in the afternoon, and your party was having lunch when you Iris-Messaged Nico. "Look Neeks, we got ourselves a sweet motel room for the night! We'll be home in about two weeks!" You practically glowed with the success of the mission.
     Percy grinned and waved, Grover doing the same. Ryland rolled his shoulders in annoyance at the sight of your boyfriend, but waved anyways. The twins popped into view behind you, ruffling your hair. The two twin boys, slightly younger than you, laughed and hugged you, happy to have a family member after the death of their parents.
     "Looks like you all are having fun," he said, voice naturally monotoned but with genuine happiness. "I'm glad you'll be back soon... I miss you." He said quietly when everyone went back to their usual business. You blushed and hid behind his black hoodie sleeves, falling backwards into the soft motel bed.

     It was now a day before you would return to camp. "Neeks, I'm back in only a day and I'm still awfully homesick... I just want to be in your arms again, to hug you again, to kiss you again. Ah, this probably sounds really pathetic." You sighed, bags under your eyes from the long days of traveling and staying up late to talk.
     "Oh, you don't know how much I understand. Everyday has been a lot... darker, you know? Plenty of Apollo kids around, yet the skies are still less bright without you here. I walk around everyday for the past two months you've been off. People stare at me just like they did before we were together, looking at me like I'm still an outsider. They're not used to me without my tether to the Earth, the one thing that makes me feel. I've missed waking up to your warmth when you sleep over. I miss kissing your forehead when we saw each other at breakfast. I miss seeing how jealous people were, how someone like me could get someone like you, and how surprised they are when they see me genuinely happy." He confessed, letting it all spill. 

     This was the longest you two stayed up messaging together.

     Your group entered camp again, everyone lit up with excitement, especially the twins. Grover grinned widely at them, and took them on a tour immediately. Percy ran off to find Chiron and Annabeth. Ryland looked at you with longing, but shook his head and walked away when people began approaching you.
     They came in small bunches, all eagerly asking about your adventures and exclaiming how much they missed you. You gave them all apologetic grins and pushed through the crowds. After the sea, you stopped. Nico stood alone in the middle of the plaza. Your eyes locked.
His messy black hair couldn't hide his chocolate eyes spilling a tear when you cried out and ran at him. He opened his arms wide and let you jump onto him, wrapping your legs around his waist and arms around his neck. You pressed your lips onto his, toying with his hair. It was pure bliss, and the noise of the campers behind you was drowned out by the passion and love.
When you finally released, you pressed your forehead to his and let your breaths mingle. Your fingers found their way up and wiped his silent tears away. "I... really, really missed you." He managed out. "Iris-Messaging everyday for hours on end, and now I'm back." You feebly laughed, and buried your face into his chest, letting the tears of happiness fall and the hysterical laughing begin.

I know this story doesn't have much of a plot, but I was inspired by the idea of Skyping your boyfriend every night while away, so I tried to make it in PJO form! If you liked it, please leave a vote, and any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!