Percy x Reader (4)

"(Y/N), I swear to Zeus, if you don't stop clutching your hair and hold on, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." Percy joked. You rolled your eyes and wrapped your arms around Percy's waist to avoid falling off the hippocampus that you two were riding through the sea. It was a smooth ride, but your anxiousness was growing higher by the minute. Percy turned his head sideways to look at you. "It's not too late to turn around if you're scared." He offered, and squeeze your hand. Your eyes widened.
     "No, no! Of course not! You've always wanted to do this with me, and that's what we're doing today." He smiled. "That's my brave (Y/N), always thinking of others." He used a free hand to tuck your (H/L) hair behind your ear, and you kissed his cheek in return. The seconds of eye contact you two shared was cut off by you pointing ahead. "Is that it?" You asked about the small black figures flopping beneath the water. "Yep! Cute, aren't they?" Percy said proudly.
     The hippocampus squealed to signify the end of the ride. Percy patted its head and took your hand. "You have no chance of drowning, the air bubble will make sure of it, hear me?" He reassured, and you nodded. Jumping into the he water, your body had no time to get wet as a massive air bubble consumed you and Percy. Underwater, everything became clear.
     For miles, there was nothing in sight. You couldn't see the bottom; it was a never ending void of mystery to you. The only things you could see were the curious stingrays surrounding you that Percy told you about. They slid over the bubble, wondering what it was. You laughed at the sight of their bellies on the bubble. Percy grinned at your reaction. "Watch this." He gently but firmly pulled a stingray down from the top of the air bubble to the inside, making you shriek. "Percy! It can't breathe, and it might sting me!" You yelled, slipping to get as far away as you could. You could feel the bodies of stingrays bumping into you from the outside, feeding to your fear. "(Y/N), sweetie, calm down! Don't touch its tail, and you're fine." He slowly approached you with the small ray in his arms. You whimpered, but stood up.
     It flapped its sides, making Percy struggle with keeping it up. You tentatively put your hand out and stroked its underside. To your surprise, it was smooth and had a slimy texture. It intrigued you, and you rubbed its upside, which intrigued you even further, for it was rough and like sandpaper. Percy raised an eyebrow at your expression, and you huffed. "It is kinda cute.." you admitted. "Great! Then you should love this!" In an instant, the air bubble protecting you from the outside disappeared.
     You screamed and flailed in the water. Your screams quickly died out when you noticed something peculiar; it was somehow as easy as on land to move, and you were breathing. Percy floated in front of you with his arms crossed, trying not to laugh. "What is this?" You asked, mimicking his pose. Your voice clearly was heard through the water. "I put a thin layer of air so you could swim easily." He said, matter-of-factly. You were bewildered, but looked around. The little amount of protection you had scared you, and it was evident.
     Two stingrays swam up to you, bumping into your stomach, making you giggle. A new one came up and went right into your arms. You stroked it, and looked up to smile at Percy, who was also being surrounded. "Percy?" He looked up from his state of admiration for the creatures. "Thank you for bringing me here. I.. I think it helped me get over my fear of the ocean." You let go of the ray and twirled around to show your eagerness. His returning laugh rang clear and pure through the ocean. "I'm glad you liked it, but we have to go back. Chiron would lecture me to death if he heard I took you from your training for this." You nodded, but was a little sad at the fact you had to leave your newly friended sea creatures. "Hey, you don't have to leave them yet!" Percy said, and took hold of a stingray. "A ride back to camp first, and then you can say goodbyes." You grabbed on to another stingray. Percy mumbled something to them, and they all seemed to understand. Your ride back to camp was slow but comfortable, and it was even better attempting to race Percy back to camp.

Hi lovelies! I'm sorry that I took so long to upload, I was on vacation :( But now it's back to consistent uploads now! If you liked this short little imagine, please leave a vote, and feel free to comment any ideas! See you all in the next chapter, coming out soon~