Chapter 32. Routes.

I've never felt that way before. It was strange, but, on the other hand, somehow familiar. Like I felt it before, but so long ago it was in the life before previous one. I felt like my body was glowing, like it was cold as the coldest snow and hot like the hottest flame at the same time. Some waves of warm, pure energy were coming through my body, gently hugging my heart. And my mind was clear. For the first time in forever, there were no fears and no wishes.

There was no pain, no dizziness, no discomfort. It felt nothing like that murdering darkness, no. Darkness killed emotions, it vaporised thoughts and withered out mind, until the only thing left from a person is his fragile, vulnerable body.

This place was different. I couldn't tell wheather or not I was standing or laying, sitting or floating between the earth and the sky. The air itself here was calming warm an cool at the same time, as if whispering right in my head: "It's okay. Everything is fine". And I believed it. I felt at peace, like I dove into the crystal clear water, that washed away my sins. I didn't want to wake up.

Wait... Where the hell was I?

I slowly opened my eyes and was surprised that my body didn't resist. One second I was asleep, but the next one all the tiredness disappeared and I found myself wide awake. Everything around me wasn't a blur as I had expected it to be, but as clear as it could possibly be, if not clearer. It was... Weird. Like my mody felt exactly what I wanted to feel.

I looked around and gasped in awe. This was probably the most beautiful place I've ever seen!
I found myself in the middle of an endless light blue sky with sparkling stars and shimmering constellations. It felt like I was somewhere in the Space, between planets and comets and other marvelous things I had no idea how to call. What ever this place was, there was oxygen, which I was glad for. Wherever I looked, the same breathtaking view was - billions of stars, constellations so close it looked like I could touch them, light and dark blue sky. It was chaotic, but there also was some sort of a special order of where things were supposed to be.

This place combined totally different things. It was both cold and warm here; everything was standing still, but something was obviously changing. Hypnotised by the magnificent view, I took one step forward, only to find some glowing sparks flying from below my shoe.

- Huh? - I asked myself, looking down.
There was some sort of a road below me, all made of the same white sparks. They were covering my feet but didn't make walking harder than it was supposed to be. It kinda felt like walking in a deep puddle of warm water, only not so wet.
This road seemed to be endless. No matter, how hard I tried to see its start or end, I couldn't. The light was extremely bright, but not blinding, for I could seperate one spark from another.

Interested, I knelt down and carefully touched the road. The sparks were calmingly warm and not heavy, as I took a handful of them. They felt like some sort of a glass, and I flipped over my palm, letting the sparks slowly fall down.
- Amazing! - I whispered, absolutely forgetting about my worries and fears.

- Glad you like it.

An unfamiliar voice echoed through the Space, making me flinch and turn around. I had no idea who it belonged to, as I couldn't see anybody else, but it was kind and soft. It felt like it was the voice of this place itself.
- Um... Thanks? - I raised an eyebrow. - Who, uh... Who are you?
- A friend. - Was the answer, I could tell the speaker was a male. - I am happy to welcome you at the Routes, Aiden.

What... How did he know my name?
- Routes? - I murmured, confused. But when I lifted my eyes, I gasped in shock.
Everywhere - literally everywhere there appeared glowing roads like the one I was standing on. Some had a beginning or an end, most of them were crossing each other as some sort of a web. But, and I had no idea how, I could still seperate one road from anoter, I could tell where one ended and another one began.