Chapter 17. Believe me!

- Lightnings. - I said again, breathing heavily. Everybody was shocked, and I couldn't blame them. After all, they didn't see that nightmare. Yet.
- What do you mean? - Miragold gasped.
- I-I-I don't know how to explain that. - I confessed, rubbing the back of my head. - It's just I had that nightmare, and I think I saw the future. I saw what's going to happen, and it's just terrible.
- Saw future? - Cat asked, worried. - What you saw?

- It was the worst thing I've ever seen. - I sighed. - I was standing in the city, when all of a sudden the sky turned bloody Red. And... And the next minute a thunder started, bullions of lightnings stroke everywhere, destroying everything. I saw them killing people, nobody could escape! You... You all died! I was watcing you burn to crisps, and then another lightning killed me too. That's when I woke up.

Everybody was speechless, thinking about my words. Even Jordan and Miragold, usually so ready to say something, were silent. Cat sat down on a cold floor and leaned against the wall, looking up. Maya and Gill stood near the bars, and I noticed them holding each other hands. Honor froze in place, her mouth ajar, thinking.

- Wait-wait-wait. - Jordan broke the silence. - How can you know it wasn't just another nightmare?
I scoffed. No, it was clear he still had doubts in my abilities, hell, even I wasn't sure about them, but I could easily recognise a shade of disrespect in his tone. But right now I actually had a chance to stand up to him.

- How did you get that red metal eye, Jordan? - I asked innocently. It did the trick - all three guards gasped and backed away, the blonde guy even touched his eyepatch. I smirked at them - I started to love shocking people.
- Wh... How do you know? - Honor sighed, shifting her gaze from me to her friend.
- Well, until now I've only suspected. - I smiled. - Thanks for proving it to me.

Maya and Gill laughed silently, and I felt something warm and cozy wrapped around my heart. Man, what was the last time I felt so great, so... Well, myself?
- I saw you in my dream. - I explained. - You've lost your eyepatch, and I could easily see your fake eye.
- It... It doesn't matter now, okay? - Jordan frowned, but even in the dark prison I could see his cheeks and ears slowly turning red.

- Hey, what's that? - Miragold changed the subject, pointing at my wrist. - I had no idea you had tatoos!
- That's because he doesn't. - Maya said. - Well, he didn't.
- Oh, yeah. - I rubbed my wrist, touching burned skin. - It appeared after the nightmare, and, huh, when I touched it I kinda had a vision.
- Vision? - Catherine stood up. - What?
- It wasn't that much of a vision. - I sighed. - More like a memory. About that day when mother sent me to another world.

Cat gasped, her eyes wide. Everybody just looked at us, confused.
- You remembered it? - My sister finally asked. - Lightning?
- I did. - I nodded.
- So, you two really are siblings. - Honor rubbed the back of her head.
- Thinking about it, I can see the similarity now. - Gill confessed.

- Now, this is all nice and all that stuff, but what do we do now? - Miragold asked everybody. - I mean, we do have to tell Milo and Miss Founder about everything, right?
- Sure. - Jordan nodded. - And we really have to deal with that... Tatoo thingie Bruise Boy has.
- Wait, Aiden, can I see it? - Gill suddenly asked.

I came closer to him and held out my right arm through the iron bars. He inspected the thing, and his eyes widened.
- This is not a tatoo! - He exlaimed, letting go of my hand. - It's a lightning mark!
- A what now? - Honor didn't understand.
- A lightning mark. - Maya sighed. - I've seen people with such things before. Basically, if a lightning hits a person, there's a small chance they'll sirvive. And if they do, they usually have that mark, some kind of a reminder of that lightning.

- So, a lightning stroke you? - Miragold asked, staring at me.
- Apparently, yes. - I nodded. - But I was just a little boy, how come that mark only appeared now?
- Storm, lightning, did something to you. - Cat said. - Triggered your powers, made stronger. When used them, they woke up, bringing mark with.
- But he said that in his dream he was burned down by a lightning bolt. - Honor remembered. - Can it do anything with that mark?
- Wasn't just dream. - Sister rolled her eyes. - Vision. Vision made mark appear. Mark triggered memory. That all.