Chapter 16. Hard night.

At first I didn't even realise where I was. Everything around me was dark, I could only see some trees. I turned around, trying to understand my location, when something else caught my attention. I looked up, staring at the sky. Something about it felt weird, I knew something would happen. Something really, really bad.

Then I saw it. The sky started slowly turning from dark blue to bloody red, and, of course, it wasn't a good sign. Suddenly I recognised my surroundings - it was the same glade where we caught Cat. I gulped and started running away, towards the new city. I only had to make it in time.

When I, panting arrived, it was quiet. The dark shadows of buildings were scary, they somehow reminded me of high mountains. I saw the temple and wanted to come closer, when heard a familiar voice:
- Hey, Bruise Boy! What in a world are you doing out here?!

I looked around and saw Jordan, running towards me. When he was about six or seven meters away from me, he pulled out his sword and pointed it at me. I backed away a little, putting my hands up in surrender.
- Hey, what are you doing? - I asked, eyes on the enchanted blade.
- This is what I wanted to ask you! - The blonde guard stepped closer. - How did you get out from your cell?

Then I heard a distant rumble, and my heart started beating much faster, than normally. Something really bad was about to happen.
- We gotta go. - I said loudly, coming closer to Jordan.
- What are you talking about? - He growled, putting his sword to my chest. - Come on, I'm getting you back to...
- There's no time! - I shouted, ignoring the blade. - We have to...

I could end the sentence because in one second the Gates to Hell have unfurled. Out of nowhere, a bright lighting stroke right in front of us, and we barely managed to avoid it. I fell on the ground, and felt it was shaking.
- Jordan! - I screamed, but my scream was silenced with sudden thunder.

It started raining, and almost a hundred of lightnings stroke everywhere around us. I stood up, just to back away from the heat. The lightnings were everywhere, they were attacking the woods and melting down buildins. Some people ran out from a small brick house and screamed in terror.
- No! - I shouted, running towards them, but it was too late.

CRACK!
All of them in an instant turned into ashes, burned down by another lightning bolt. I was thrown away from them, and it was the only reason I stayed alive. It was complete hell - everything was burning, the people were screaming in pain, and their screames died down, as another lightning stroke right into them. The wind was howling like a hungry wolf, playing with cinder that used to be people.

I quickly stood up, watching in terror. It felt exactly like my nightmares, when I heard people screaming, only a billion times worse.
- Help! Anybody, help!
I turned around and saw Milo and Miss Founder. They were running to the group of scared people, who were screaming for help.
- No! - I tried to warn the rulers but it was too late.

Awful crack silenced their shouts, and another deadly lightning burned all people to a crisp. I was too scared to cry, even when another lightning bolt attacked Miragold an Honor, leaving ashes behind. Their screams of pain died down, even though I could still hear them in my head.
- NO! - I shouted, but then somebody started dragging me away.

- Aiden, run! - Jordan shouted.
I turned around and rushed towards the woods, feeling hot tears on my cheeks. My breath was fast, my heart was about to jump off my chest.
- Help! - Suddenly I heard Maya shrieking.
Oh, no, please, no!

She, Gill and Cat hid under the ruins of the prison. All of them were dirty and scared to death.
- GET OUT OF THERE! - I screamed, running to them, wanting to save them.
CRACK!

- NO! - My voice for a moment silenced the storm, when I saw my friends, my only friends burning to cinder in the blinding lightning. My heart broke into billions of pieces, and I couldn't resist even when Jordan pulled me away right before another lightning stroke at the place I'd been standing at.