Chapter 6. Silence.

It was dark. Really dark. I tried to move, but nothing happenned, like I was paralised. Then I heard it. And it was the worst sound I've ever heard.

Screams. Loads of screams that made my brain explode. But then I realised I had known some of the voices. I could easily seperate Maya's and Gill's voices. My friends were terrified and hurt, and there was nothing I could do to help them. I started struggling, trying to break free, when I felt pain. No, PAIN.

It's was like every bone in my body turned into lava and my poor brain started to boil. I felt electricity in every cell of my body, felt agony even in my eyes and teeth. I wanted to scream, but wasn't able to choke out even a quiet sob.

- Aiden!
I heard a familiar voice and woke up, too scared to breathe. Was it just a dream? Was I dead?
- Aiden, wake the hell up!
Alright, now it was even more strange. The second voice obviously belonged to Gill, and he never called me by my name. Well, only when he really worried about me.

I cought my breath and looked around. Yeap, I was still stuck in my prison cell with only one torch. So, all of these terrible things I felt... Was it just another fricking nightmare?! But it felt so real, so unimaginable. It actually reminded me of something, something hidden in my background. Only now I couldn't rememer what exactly it was.

- Aiden, what's going on? - Maya asked from behind the wall. Geez, she sounded scared!
- It's alright. - I whispered, leaning against the cold wall that seperated me from my friends. - Just a terrible dream, that's all.
- Are you sure, boss? - Now it was Gill. - We just heard you sleeptalking and, well, it was pretty terrifying.
- I was sleeptalking?
Okay, now I was confused. I have never, ever, sleeptalked before.
- Yeah, you were. You've said something about screams, voices and... By the way, who is Catherine?
- Catherine? - I rubbed my head. - I have no idea.

Then I heard Maya yawning and suggested my friends to go to sleep. At first they refused but then they fell asleep right in the middle of the discussion. I smiled a little and looked outside.

It's was beautiful. The woods seemed to be magical under the moon light, and I saw cold, silver stars. They somehow reminded me of home. How is my house? Does anybody live there or is it still waiting for me? How is my small garden? And more importanly: how a Jesse and his friends? Have they returned already? Or does that group still jump from one portal to another?