Chapter 28. Deadline.

My head hurt like it was in the hottest lava that ever existed. Even the darkness around me was boiling and vaporising, well, that's what it looked like. I groaned a little before opening up my eyes. Huge mistake - the light blinded me, making the pain even worse than before. But if I had to choose between the fiery light or lava-hot darkness, I would've chosen the light with no doubt. You know, fear of darkness and everything like this.

So I didn't close my eyes, which was probably the right choice. Everything around me was blurry, but as the time went by I started to see cleary. I seemed to lay somewhere in a shadow of a huge oak tree with something warm on my forehead. Taking a deep breath to understand whether or not everything around me was real, I carefully touched the thing on my head. Strange, but it appeared to be some sort of wet rag.

- Aiden! - A familiar voice echoed through my hurt, bleeding brain and I hissed in pain.
Maya, Gill and Cat appeared out of nowhere, running towards me with worried expressions in their faces. I tried to use my elbows to help me up, but was too weak. To be honest, I collapsed on the ground again.

- Whoa, easy! - Gill said, kneeling down to me. - You better not move yet.
- What's... Happenning? - I managed to choke out. - Where are we?
- Calm down. - Maya smiled at me. - You're safe now.
- How you feel? - Catherine asked, taking the rag off my forehead. - Can walk?

- I guess. - I shrugged. - But what happened to me?
- No time. - My sister said harshly, lifting me up. - Have to go now.
Gill and Maya both grabbed my arms and put them on their shoulders, for I was still too weak to stand by myself.
- It's fine, Aiden. - The guy whispered into my ear. - We just really have to go now to catch up with the others.

Others? When did we get seperated?
- How long have I been out? - I asked, as my friends started slowly walking with Cat leading the way. - What happened to Isa and...
- After used power, you blacked out. - Catherine explained. - Must have wasted too much strengh. Had to get seperated. I showed others where go, left us behind. Now have catch up.

I tried to walk or at least move my legs properly to help my friends, but man, it was really hard. Soon I realised I was just causing more troubles and gave up, focusing on understanding the whole situation. So, that unwanted vision-sharing thing wasted too much of my strengh and I blacked out? Thank you so much, gift!
- Why didn't other people wait for us? - I asked. - Why did they start going alone?

Maya and Gill gave each other weird expressions I couldn't recognise. Cat stopped for a second, sighing:
- Were out for too long.
- How long exactly? - I whispered, suddenly feeling worry.
- More than one day. - My sister's words made me confused. I wasn't actually good at maths, so it took me a while to realise how screwed we actually were.

- But that must mean... - I gasped, and the short silence after that meant more than all the words that could be said.
- Yes. - Maya finally nodded. - The Thunder is going to break out today.
No. I was licking my lips, but didn't pay attention. We didn't have time. Because of me.

- Not your fault! - Catherine shook her head, as if she could hear my thoughts. - That jerk's!
- You can't control your all of your powers, Aiden. - Gill sighed. - And it's absolutely normal. I mean, none of it would've happened if it wasn't for Harry!
- By the way, - I felt my strengh returning and starting moving my legs to help my friends. - What did you tell people about... You know.

- We didn't say anything. - Maya confessed. - The Founder did.
- She told them about everything. - Gill nodded. - And I mean, everything. Even the Three.
Either my mind was too excausted to understand properly or my friends somehow managed to make everything sound not so terrible. Because I accepted the news about the truth of my nature had been revieled.