Chapter 7. Cows might fly.

I mined another cobblestone block. My "adorable" stone pickaxe started shaking and few moment later disappeared with a "puff" of smoke. Hotestly, I was really glad it did, because the only time I could have a bit of rest was when I created another weapon. My whole body was sore, my right ankle was still bleeding because of a too tight cuff. But, of course, no one cared.

I sighed and came outside from a small canyon's cave I've been digging in. Unlucky for me, today I was guarded by Harry, who was as mean as John and much stronger. Instead of a sword he preferred using his fists, so now my entire body was covered in large bruises. When he saw me he smirked.

- What's wrong, criminal? Want to get even more injures?
- My pickaxe is broken. - I said in a calm voice, even though all my instincts begged me to punch his arrogant face.
- Again? It's the second for today!

Yeah, before all of this I'd had no idea how much blocks a single person could mine in one day, considering they don't eat and work without a break from sunrise to sunset. Turned out, it's a lot of blocks, like four hundred. And everyone can understand that a normal stone pickaxe can't hold on that long. Well, everyone but John and Harry.

These two turned my life into hell. I couldn't even remember how much wounds I had, how many times an hour they called me "worthless prisoner". From my friends I had managed to get information that these guards were actually brothers. Guess, hate and love to humiliate people run in their family.

The guard rolled his eyes and handed me another pickaxe. I took it and wanted to go back into the cave, when Harry suddenly sliced my face with his blade. I fell on my back, blood covered my left eye. I tried to get up when heard his sadistic, maniacal laughter. I couldn't bear it. I knew I had to, but just couldn't.

- What for? - I asked, wiping blood from my face. - You could've blinded me!
Harry stopped laughing. He grinned and punched me again, but this time with his fist.
- Too bad it didn't happen, - He groaned. - Maybe then Miss Founder would have put you down. Now, get back to work, lazy piece of slimeball!

His last words were silenced with an aweful crack behind him. In a blink of an eye the guy turned around, pointing his sword at whatever was behind him. I quickly stood up, just to see something terrible.

It's was a cow. A big cow was laying on the stone floor, mooing and making sounds I could only describe as cry. It was wounded, but the most scary things were it's eyes. They were wide opened, and I could see fear, dancing in them. I've never seen anything so terrifyed. Then the poor animail disappeared, leaving a few pieces of a raw beef behind. I gulped and looked up, at the top of that canyon I was in. Did it just fall down? But cows are too smart to just fell into the canyon, aren't they?

- Ah... Alright, get back to work. - Harry murmured, still in shock, and I understood him. Falling cows isn't a good sign.

By the end of the day I've broken another pickaxe, but for whatever reason Harry didn't say a word. In fact, he even let me make an iron pickaxe, which was the obvious progress. But as the sun finally hid behind the canyon's walls, everything returned back. Everything was taken away from me, my hands were cuffed behind my back and bald guard forced me to climb up the canyon. Then I was surrounded by three more guards and we started walking home.

Typical evening was ruined once again when I suddenly heard a furious neigh. Then, out of the blue, a big gray horse appeared right in front of our group. We barely managed to fall down, or else its horshoes would've crushed our skulls.
- WHAT IN A... - An unknown guard shouted, as the rabid horse jumped above us and landed two millimeters behind me. Then it neighed again and ran away, breaking everything on its way.

- What just happened?! - I couldn't fight a gasp. I mean, COME ON, WE'VE ALMOST DIED, DO YOU EXPEXT ME TO STAY CALM?
- I have no idea. - Robert, who was also escorting me, whispered.