Chapter 11. Stories.

The sun has set, and billions stars appeared on the dark sky. I looked at it, smiling. It was the same as the sky back home, even constellations were the same. It started getting cold, and chills ran through my body. However, I felt much more comfortable than before. My friends were sitting next to me, laughing and chatting. And, in spite of all the troubles and problems, I was happy.

- So, then that freak tried to flirt with me, but I... - Maya suddenly stopped telling her story and looked at Jordan. The guard was standing nearby, obviously eavesdropping. How long had he been there?
- What do you want? - Gill sighed.
- I want to know how you can have fun in a time like that! - He growled.
- In a time like what? - I stood up. A part of me wanted to surrender before it was too late, but I felt the one thing I haven't been feeling in forever. Courage.

- Oh, I don't know, probably like the time when our capitan is missing, somebody in the woods is hunting us down and I'm stuck with the most pathetic criminals that ever existed!
That was it. I was sick and tired of being called "pathetic criminal", so I came closer to the arrogand guard. Maya and Gill stood up for me, I could feel that with my back. Jordan grinned and pulled out his diamond sword.
- Do. Not. Call. Us. Pathetic. - I threatened, flenching my fists. Of course, we were weaponless and much weaker, but I couldn't let that arrogant blondie insult my friends.

- Or what? - Miragold smirked, coming closer to her friend. - You can't scare us!
- Oh, yeah? - Maya hissed. - Well, neither can you!
Two guards charged at us. Gill and Maya came closer to me, ready to fight. Just when the party was about to start, Honor appeared between us. And man, she did not look calm!

- All of you just stop! - She ordered, looking at me, than at her friends. - Now it's not the time to argue!
- Come on, Honor! - Miragold seemed dissapointed with her friend. - These three need to be reminded where their place is!
- Oh, yeah? - I asked. - And where is it?
Jordan was going to say something, but Honor shut him up.
- Not another word!

Strangely, everybody obeyed. Then the obsidian-headed girl sighed:
- Fighting will get us nowhere. We'll just waste our time and powers, while whoever is out there will be preparing to attack! We have to be strong to fight back, and to do so, we have to learn how to handle each other. Look, I know it might be hard, but we're out of other options here. So, why don't we just forget about our background, only for a momemt, and think about what to do now?

I had to admit, the speech was pretty inspiring. Everyone else seemed to have the same thought, considering how silent they were. Then Gill broke the silence, which was unusual for him.
- I think, we should go back to the city. - He murmured, rubbing the back of his head. - We have no idea where Reginald is, and it might be too dangerous to stay in the open.
- I hate to say that, but he's right. - Jordan replied, hiding his sword in his inventory. - In darkness like this we will be dead in no time!

- But we could walk right into a trap. - Miragold shuddered. - Isn't it safer for us to stay here?
- That's true. - Maya simly said.
I looked around, only to be faced with complete darkness.
- None of us actually knows these woods. - I agreeded. - We might fall off the cliff, or even worse. It's too dangerous to go anywhere.

Honor seemed to hesitate, but in the end she nodded.
- We should stay here. - She said calmly. - Reginald still can return, besides, we can protect ourselves.
Jordan scoffed in dissapointment.
- Alright, Miss Wise, you've got it. - He groaned. - But if we die, I'll blame you.
- We'll be safer if we build a shelter. - Maya suddenly suggested.

I looked around once again, but now I saw lots of blocks we could build with. So, what do we have? Some dirt, some wood, some sand. Hmm, not so good, but it'll do a trick.
- Alright, I have a plan. - I smiled. - Maya, grab some dirt and help me make the building. Gill, make us a door. Lukas, you...
I stopped, remembering that our blond friend wasn't with us.
- Nevermind. - I shook my head. - Jordan, Miragold and Honor, make us a good fire.
- And who put you in charge?! - Miragold hissed, but Honor elbowed her.
- Shut it! - She ordered. - He's the only one who actually knows what to do!