Chapter 15. The reason I hate prophecies.

The only one whose blood has power
Will see an error of his ways.
He will give up, deny his power,
And slowly turn into a dust.

But cats, whose fur is made of fire,
Will help the Savior be reborn.
And pack of birds, turned into voyagers,
Will heed the ones who hold the sky.

I read it aloud, without even understanding it. Then looked at everyone else, but they were as confused as I. These words didn't mean a thing to me, even though I was the one who said them.
- Well? - Miragold asked.
- What? - I didn't understand.
- What does it mean, Bruise Boy? - Jordan rolled his eyes.
- Wh... How would I know? - I gasped.

- It doesn't make any sense. - The Founder whispered, looking at Milo. - How are we supposed to save our people if we can't understand the prophecy?
- Mother's were better. - Cat shrugged. - Not so cryptic.
- Probably clearness comes with experience? - Milo suggested.

- Hold on. - Maya turned to Gill. - Hey, Gill, you've read the whole "Book of two brothers", haven't you?
-Well, yeah, almost ten times. - The brunette answered. - Why?
- What is this book anyway? - Honor asked.
- A religious book about two brothers who created the world. - I explained. - But how is it supposed to help us now?
- I've tried to read it, but it was no use. - Maya sighed. - However, I remember there were some prophecies. Gill, you think you could, you know, translate this one?

Of course! I've never read the Holy Book, but everybody knows there are lots of different prophecies written in it. So, if Gill read them all, there was a chance he was got used to their language, and now he probably was the only one who could actually read mine.

- Oh, um, I'll try. - Gill blushed, but I seemed to be the only one who noticed it.

My friend read the prophecy to himself, paying attention to every single word. Everyone else was silent, even Catherine decided to calm down. Then Gill sighed and wiped off sweat from his forehead.
- Alright, I think I understand. - He murmured. - Look here!

Everyone stared at words, as my friend started explaining:
- I'm not sure, but the first part is probably about Aiden. Because, well, those lines that say "will see the error of his ways" and "he will give up, deny his power" obviously bescribe events that happend after the whole... Er, Sky City incident.
- But here, - Miragold pointed. - It says "The only one whose blood has courage". And I think Aiden made it clear that he is a coward.
- Hey! - Maya, Gill and I exclaimed at the same time.

- I honestly do not know. - Miss Founder sighed. - Yes, Aiden surrendered to Jessy and begged for being unhurt, but then he gave up his opportunity to get out of the prison, only to help his friends. That was a pretty brave thing to do.
I didn't expect her to say that. I mean, I always considered myself to be a coward, but now, maybe, I had a chance to prove everyone, especially myself, that I could be something better, someone braver.