41🌺: Announcement

Ebony|E 🦋

*~A Month and a Half Later~*

"Can I borrow them ripped jeans?"

"Eb, you know you can't wear em." Yana says flatly as Jen tosses them to me.

"And why is that?" I asked with a mean look.

"I think yo butt spreading."

"The fuck? Why?" I put my back towards the mirror and tried to get a full view.

"You know why..." Yana trailed off.

"Yana—"

"Nah, I don't know."

"Girl, now you know you pregnant."

"Iyana, you dumb ass!" Jen sighed.

"Man, don't say that! Jinxing me and shit..."

"Yo, wake up G! You been having mood swings, eatin' weird shit—"

"That don't mean nothing, Iyana." I said in a smaller voice. I wiped the one tear that threatened to fall.

"E, don't cry! It's okay!" Jen said, scooting to the end of the bed and patting the spot beside her. I sat down, still trying to hold the tears back.

"I'm not. And I'm not pregnant." My voice broke. Iyana sat on the other side of me.

"You missed your period, didn't you?" Iyana asked, like she read my mind. I nodded and the tears started rolling. They both hugged me and rubbed my back as I basically sobbed into my hands. This was definitely not a place I wanted to be at.

"You wanna take a test?" I've been holding off, but I nodded. Iyana gets up and grabs the keys off the dresser.

"I'll go." She says. "Relax...no matter what we got you. Remember that." She walks out of the door. Jen tries to make small talk with me while Iyana's gone. I suck it up as much as I can. The anxiety sets again ten fold when the front door clicks unlocked.

"Here you go." She extends the bag my way. I reach into my back pocket for the money and she shakes her head.

"No ma'am, don't worry about that. Go ahead."

"Thank you."
*

I stared back at the tests that sat on the floor between my legs. The windows mocked me.

POSITIVE

I sat there, phone in hand, trembling. I finally got up and went into the bedroom. They both perked to attention as I stepped in.

"They were positive." I said barely above a whisper. They both hopped off the bed and proceeded to comfort me. I assured them that I was "ok" and I just needed to make some calls. They agreed and left me alone in the room. My mama was probably the only one I'd call today.

"Hey baby, what's up?" She asked. I didn't have my face in the camera because I was ugly crying.

"Mama..." Was all that would come out. I was trying to say more so she wouldn't panic, but it wasn't working.

"I took...I took a pregnancy test." I sniffle. Mama sighed.

"Oh...my baby, it's okay." She comforted me in a soft voice. "Don't cry..."

"I'm tryin not to."

"Look, when I was pregnant with you, this made me feel better. Think about what you're gonna do next. It feels good to have a plan and not just make last minute decisions." I nodded.

"Imma make an appointment at the doctor before I do anything else." We sit up and talk for a while, making me feel better.
*

I sat outside the OB/GYN office in my car. I just got out from the appointment. She confirmed I was six weeks pregnant. I did the math like six times and Tay came up in my head every time.

So that's who I called.

Me and Tay decided before he went back to Cali that we should wait until he moves to Atlanta to start back kicking it like we used to. And that wasn't a long time so we were both okay with waiting.

"Yo."

"Hey, Tay..."

"That was dry as fuck and you just blowed me. Why you call me?" I sucked my teeth.

"Shut yo corny ass up and listen. Look, I just came from my OB/GYN—"

"Ain't that a pussy doctor?"

"Hush! Look, they gave me a test and it came back positive."

"What kinda test?"

"A pregnancy test." I surprisingly said it with my chest.

"Oh, congratulations! Tell that nigga Terry I said that too." He smiled genuinely but I scoffed.

"Taymor, it's you kid."

"How you know that?"

"Nigga, I'm six weeks pregnant and you're the only one that had touched me in that time range."

"Ian even get a nut then!"

"Bitch precum is a thing!"

"I had a condom on."

"Now, you a damn lie! Why you doing all this? The last time I had sex with Terry was three months ago. I remember, because it was his birthday.

"E..."

"What?"

"I need a DNA test." I busted out laughing.

"You know what? Okay, I'll give you that."

"Okay bet—"

"But when my baby comes out with something of yours, and that test come back that you're the father, I ask that you not touch my baby. Don't ask for them, don't try to make up for it because you know I wouldn't lie." The other side was quiet.

"Shid, bet." I hung up the phone and tossed it in my lap.

My baby is gonna be good regardless.

______________________

I know I'm finna get fought but

The End 😊

Yes, there will be a sequel—if not an ending that explains what happened after this. Idk when it's gonna be up but be on the look out 💙

Preciate the love kids 😋

Comment & Vote 💙