6🌺: Mondays

Ebony Keys 🦋

I woke up, scrunching my face up at the bright light. I sat up, eyeing Tay as he was looking in the mirror.

"You forget some?" My voice came out sounding weird.

"Naw, Shaw. I already know yo ass ain't got that alarm set up. Get ready for school." I groaned in frustration.

"I forgot about school...Imma just miss a day." I got back in bed and Tay looked at me like I killed his dog or some shit.

"Girl, get the fuck up." He had the most serious look on his face.

"Bitch..." I warned as I laid back down. Next thing I knew, my legs were snatched and I was at the end of the bed.

"My nigga—"

"Watch that—callin' me a bitch and shit." I rolled my eyes, mumbling under my breath.

"Whatchu say?" He pinched my arm as I tried to slip past him to go hide and fall back asleep.

"Nothinnnn!" I giggle. I squealed when he pulled me back in the door frame.

"Nawl, cause you stay talkin' shit. Now—Get. Ready." I sucked my teeth.

"Damn, so you jus' somebody daddy, huh?" I rolled my eyes, getting some clothes to wear.

"But you listening, right?"

"So I won't have a fat ass bruise in a couple of hours, since you pinch."

"Mhmm."

"Tay, is my daddy's car outside?"

"Now you know ian got my car yet."

"Nigga—be serious."

"Okay, I'm sorry. No, it's not though." I bit my lip, feeling antsy.

"I haven't seen him in a lil while, Tay..."

"Maybe he pullin' overtime, y'all gone be eatin' at the end of the month. He straight, Shorty." He sat on my bed as I pulled out a pair of pants. I went and got ready. After I started brushing my teeth, I heard a knock on the door.

"Hmm?" I shut the water off.

"I'm finna dip, E."

"Ybu nut wolkin wif muh?" He laughed at me.

"What? Oh—oh, I gotta meet somebody real quick. You'll be aight. I'll walk with you tomorrow."

"Whateba." I spit the toothpaste out.

"Yo' ass betta be at the bus stop—I know that."

"Boy, get off my tip!" I laughed.
*

I sat in class with 5 minutes until lunch. A nigga be needing that break. I didn't really fuck with any girl in my lunch, so I usually sat with Black and his friends, quiet. The lunch bell finally run, and the annoying motherfuckers hopped up and rushed out first. I spotted Black and shadowed him.

"Y'all tryna go get some to eat?" Some boy said, earning a yes from like three people.

"You too, shaw?" I heard a deep voice asked. I looked up to meet Malik's hazel eyes. Malik is a fine ass light skin, hazel eyes, tall and hella tattoos.

"Sure." I shrugged, keeping my cool. We went out the back and got to the student parking lot. Only Malik, Black, me, and some dude named Ten tagged along with us, the other dudes told us to bring them something.

"Aye, lil baby, you Tay K girl?" I scrunched my face up, looking at the Ten boy.

"No, why you say that?" He was about to say something, but he looked like he saw a ghost.