16🌺: The 24th

Taymor|Tay-K 🐉

"Look at this duuude." I teased Ten as he desperately tried to keep his hoodie on his head. We was chilling on the block because we ain't have shit else to do.

"Bad cut?"

"Bitch, I wish this just a bAd CuT."

"Nigga, they took up shit down just a little bit and you stressed?"

"YES." He stressed again, sighing and hanging his head down. I glanced over to see Ebony, Zoe, and a girl—who I couldn't recognize from over there.

"E!" I got her attention and the two girls laughed at poked her, pointing her in my direction. She smiled as I waved her over. All three of them came over, and my heart dropped once I got close enough to look them in the face.

The third girl that I couldn't recognize became so clear, and made me turn my head and wonder why the hell she was on this side of town. Ebony sat beside me and laid on my shoulder. I couldn't help but glance at the girl in front of us. It was Chasidy.

My first love.

"You good bae?" She asked with a worried look on her face.

"I'm foreva straight." I smiled at her and kissed her lips. "Why ya buddy ain't hea?" I asked, nodding my head towards D. They usually be stuck up under each other.

"Fuck D'Essence and everything she stand for." Our group responded with a bunch of different responses like 'Well, shit.' And 'Woah.'. They understand that they best friends and she just said some deep ass shit.

"Damn, it's that deep? This betta not be over no damn shoes."

"Nigga, no. I confronted her ass about—guess who." She gave me a look, then sized me up.

"What I do?" She sighed and shook her head.

"Imma talk to you later."

"But—"

"Tay—Imma talk to you later." I knew to shut up then. I just kept glancing at Chassidy.

"Ooou, tea up." We all looked at Ten.

"Shutcho gay ass up." Ten shot Ziggy a bird before clutching his hood again.

"Yo, why y'all hood rats ain't with ya family?" We all paid attention to Joe and sucked our teeth.

"Damn, we makin' our way. Worry about them 7 kids on the side, all want a damn iPhone but got shit stains in they drawls." He mugged Zoe and we busted out laughing.

"Nawl, Zoe. You wrong as fuck!" After the laughter died down, I leaned over and whispered in Ebony's ear.

"Where yo' dad?" She just shrugged.

"Ain't heard from him."

"You not scared?"

"He been disappearing and reappearing on Christmas since I was thirteen. He would leave and come back with everything I wanted plus some--then he told me not to ask questions." I furrowed my eyebrows at her in surprise.

"Fareal?" I asked, tapping my fingers on my thigh. She nodded. "You wanna stay wimme tonight?"

"Sure." She smiled and nodded, her eyes still looking a little sad.

"Why ya'll nigglets ain't with ya family anyway?"

"Mama still wrapping shit up."

"Mine too."

"My parents cooking. I had to get out before I died of smoke inhalation." We all snorted at Zoe's answer. Her parents were nice as fuck, them folks just can't cook for shit. One time we went over her house for a birthday party and these folks tried to add some extra shit to the wings they got from Wingstop and ruined them hoes. Them shits tasted like lemon pepper and sea water.