8????: Witness

Ebony Keys 🦋

I opened my front door and stepped outside, smiling a little at the cool air hitting my face.

"Bout that time." I sigh to myself, referring to the holidays. I clutched the Carmex stick in my coat pocket as I stepped down the steep flight of steps. I waved at Tay and Santana when I saw them sitting on his car.

"Hey, y'all." I smiled, approaching them.

"Sup, ma." Santana daps me up. I look towards the entrance and huffed.

"Black folks neva on time." I mumbled.

"You mus' be waitin' onna ride?" I nodded, trying to cling my hoodie to me.

"I'll take you. Where you gotta go?"

"Grocery shoppin'." I whipped out the list and then put it back in my pocket quickly. He waved  me on, and I hopped in the backseat. I didn't really care where we went, so I let him go wherever. He pulled up in Walmart. When we walked in, I stopped them before I can walk away.

"Meet me in the front?" I asked, and they looked at me weird.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You tryna ditch us or some'?"

"What? Nigga, no. I just thought y'all wanted to do some otha shit."

"Wrong. Let's go." Tay bumped me out of the way so he can push the buggy. I led them to the food section.
*

"C'mon, Tay. Tay!" I turned around and mugged Tay and Santana.

"Santana if you don't—ooou, Imma lose it." These niggas was running around with light sabers and shit.

"Ouch, nigga!" I just turned around with my groceries and started walking away. Two minutes later, these niggas finally ran to my side as I was approaching the line with no one in it.

"Damn, I got good luck today!" I said as I started putting the stuff on the belt. I was lifted in the air and put down so I was facing the drinks.

"Boy, what the hell?" I mugged Santana when he put me down. They started putting the stuff on the counter all types of ways. I sighed, holding my tongue. I really like to separate my stuff but they were being nice.

"Thank you." I smiled sweetly.

"Your total is $97.41." I went to pull out a hundred in my wallet, and Tay tried to stop me.

"I got it, Tay." I patted his hand and gave her the bill. He gave me a look and sighed, backing away with his hands up in surrender. We got the stuff and loaded into his car. I put my head phones in because I needed a peaceful moment—and I wanted to be nosy.

"Aye, we'en gon' have time ta go all the way back to the Hill." The apartments we lived in were called Washington Hill.

"We can't jus' take her!" Tay said.

"Why not? She'll be straight, they'll love ha." I looked up just a little bit, to see a evil smirk played on Santana's face.

"Didn't I fuckin' tell you ion want her in that shit?"

"Cool out, I'm playin'."

"I don't play like that. Not about that one."

"Okay, but I'm still not gon' have time until after." He sighed.

"Fuck!" He said a little loud. I took out my ear bud like I wasn't listening the whole time.

"You Okay?" I asked him with an innocent face. He nodded.