22🌺: Report

Ebony|E🦋

"Ebony." The soft voice breaking the silence made me jolt awake. I've been sitting here for hours keeping Tay company at his bedside.

For a long time, he was quiet and still, looking at me and then the wall a couple of times. He barely moved, but when he did—moved slow he and didn't talk. The doctor's said there was a bunch of the drug in his system and it causes a lot of complications like muscle impairment.

"Oh, you awake...how you feel?" I just nodded to sleep, and my head was hurting bad.

"I'm aight. What happened?" He asked with a confused look. He almost looked scared, but masked the look completely. It felt like my blood was boiling as I looked over at Black. He just shook his head and closed his eyes.

"What's the last thing you remember?" I asked, trying to make it easier for both of us.

"Uh..." He laid back and sighed. "I felt like I was wiggin' out, so I went upstairs and laid down. Then somebody had came in and..." He stopped, his face shifting.

"What?"

"Nothing. That's all I remember." He said flatly.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. When I get out of here?"

"Uh, I don't know." I said truthfully. The doctor came in shorty after that.

"Hello, you're Taymor McIntyre, correct?" He nodded.

"When can I go home?" He got straight to the point.

"Soon, since you're done with your IV. We just have someone here to ask you a couple of questions while I get your release papers. Is that okay?" He nodded again, reluctant. She stepped out and motioned for somebody to come in, then disappeared out the doorway. A man and woman came in. I gave Black a look when they asked us to step out.

"You think she called the police?" I asked, referring to the doctor.

"Probably had to." He said, sighing. "But he said he don't remember, so issa dead mission. Even if he do, he don't fuck with twelve. Still a dead mission." He shrugged. For a while, we stood there talking. Finally, the door clicked open and they stepped out, saying they needed our witness statements.

"So, may I ask—what's your relationship with Taymor?"

"My boyfriend." I quickly glanced at Black, Who was talking.

"So, just tell me what you saw leading when you figured he needed to go to the hospital." I looked everywhere but at her.

"I...Uh..."

"Listen...he told us what he remembered and we believe that he might of been assaulted. We need your help." I instantly felt tears sting my eyes as she gave me a sorrowful look.

"He...he disappeared all of a sudden. So me and my friend asked around to see where he was." I felt the tears rushing down my face. I hated that I was crying like I was the one being fucking assaulted. I didn't deserve to cry.

"So I went and looked in every room and I walked in on them. At first I thought he was cheating—but he could barely move so we figured something was just wrong." My voice shook. She thanked my for my time after asking me a couple of questions. Me and Black walked up to each other.

"Lil bit, what she say to you?" He asked, looking at the tears still coming. I was mad as fuck.

"She told me that he told what happened and she took my statement. I'm just cryin' cause I'm pissed off. I still feel like Ian got my one from that hoe." He sighed as he pushed the door open.

"Why you crying?" Tay sat up in his bed.

"Nothin'." I shook my head. Sometime later, we were back at his apartment. We both got cleaned up and were watching tv in the living room. I had been really staying with Tay for a while since my dad pissed my off so much. For some time, that female has been in and out of the apartment. I'm just not with the bullshit. I was sitting on the sofa, feeling like I was trying to swallow a lump in my throat.

"Did they tell you why you were in the hospital?" I asked.

"Yeah." He responded shortly.

"I walked in on it." My voice came out softer. "I know what happened." He said nothing, just stared at the TV. I found myself staring at it as well.

"Nothing happened. I just got drunk and blacked out."

"Baby, it was more than that. Chassidy ugly ass—I hope she get took up through thea in prison." I chuckled. "Don't nobody touch my baby and get away with it." He snapped to attention.

"Whatchu mean prison? E, what you tell them?" He looked surprised.

"That I walked in on Chass..." He had a look on his face that I couldn't read.

"Nothing happened. I told them I was fine." He said through gritted teeth, getting up.

"But you weren't fine! She poisoned you!" I said, putting my hands out as I did the same.

"Shorty, you tripping. Ain't nobody poison me. I can handle my damn self!" He said, brushing past me.

"That lil bitch gotta pay!" I turned, walking as far as where the kitchen area starts. I leaned against the wall.

"Now then folks think imma lil bitch or something! For no reason." He walked towards the exit.

"Who said dahh?" I asked, thinking of that video. I would've laughed if I wasn't so pissed. "You being ridiculous!"

"You lyin'." He fired back, pinning me agains the wall.

"You act like I got a reason to! What the fuck is wrong with you?" His lips were close to mine.

"It wasn't a big deal, E."

"You basically got raped, boy!"

"Stop saying that! Like I'm soft! I coulda handled her!" There was so much pain in his eyes, my heart dropped. His voice had cracked a little bit.

"You—you remembered?" I asked. He let me go.

"Duh! I couldn't push her off! I couldn't feel anything! Y'all just came in after she was done with her fun." He had his back turned to me now.

"So she fucked you? She had the audacity to do that?" He just stood there.

"Stop talking about it." He said.

"No, I needa find that bitch's address."

"Just STOP." He said. "Now I gotta tell them I don't wanna fucking press charges, and they gone be on my dick about that. Thanks E. I appreciate that." He sneered sarcastically.

"I was just trying to help. But if you got static, I guess that needs to be addressed." I mugged him.

"Just get out, dude." The words stung my a little, but nevertheless, I picked up my phone and coat.

"My pleasure. I'll be back to get the rest of my shit later." I said with the same amount of anger. I opened the door and walked out, feeling the cool air touch my face.

I guess it's time for me to take my mama up on that offer.