35🌺: Separation Anxiety

Ebony|E 🦋

*~Two Months Later~*

A lot has happened since that day. I started coming around way more since my dad finally got married and basically disappeared. Kind of hurt my heart to see my dad turn so crazy just because I had a boyfriend. I heard he just permanently moved in with V-8 and is taking good care of her kids.

I'm happy for him.

But enough about him, my life is going pretty kosher right now. I smiled as I parted Cam's hair. He turned seven months about a week ago. Ever since he's been around, I've learned more about taking care of babies and it was fun being around them. Cam is so sweet, he smiles and giggles at anybody and everybody. He was just a blessing.

He's changed Tay in ways I couldn't. Before Cameron came, I could never convince Tay to conceive a back up plan for life after high school. Now, he talks about paying to go to school and getting a degree in a general study. It was like Cameron was magic. Or an eye opener.

"Hey, What are you gonna do with all that damn hair?" Taymor played like he was asking the baby.

"Say 'I damn sure ain't gonna cut it, dad.'." I say in a baby voice as I move his arms. Tay sucked his teeth and waved me off. I put his hair into four puffballs. His hair was super soft and curly like his mom's. Tay took him and started to play with him.

"Hey, my main man. Wassup with you? What's this scratch on ya face? Imma beat a bitch up bout ya." I smiled at him. He's been a good father once he got his head out of his ass. He's showed him off so much it's not even funny. He kissed his cheek. There was a knock on the door, pulling him out of his goo goo phase partially.

"Who is that at my door?" He tickled the baby a little, making him laugh. He smiled as he opened the door.

"Wassup, who you?"

"Antonio. Is this Cameron?" There was a dread head brown skin at the door. He reached for the baby, and Tay took a step back.

"Yo, why the hell you tryna touch my kid?"

"Your kid?" It was quiet for a minute. "Man, you got it twisted."

"What is this clown talking about, Adrian?" She stood back shamefully. My heart dropped when I saw an envelope in her hand.

"No...no..." I placed hand on my forehead and felt my eyes sting. He opened the envelope, then the paper, then quietly gave it back to her. He looked at Cameron as I stepped beside him.

"So, you lied to me?"

"I-I'm sorry." Was all she could say.

"I'll be out there in a couple minutes. Lemme get his stuff ready." He said monotonously. Dread head stepped up again.

"Nigga damn, move! Imma bring the baby." They both just sighed and exited the apartment.

"Tay, I'm so sorry." By now I let a couple tears slip.

"It's okay..." He looked at the baby. "Gimme five." I went to go get his bag ready.

"My main man..." He chuckled. "I know you won't remember this in five minutes, but I'll always love you kid...even if I'll never see you again." I sighed shakily. I came back with a full bag and tears in my eyes.

"Wanna go out here with me?"

"I will." I said, wiping my face.

"Cheer up, baby. There's a reason for everything." He kissed my cheek. I felt like I had lost a child—hell, I did. I walked down the steps with him and to the car. Antonio slid off the hood and reached for the baby. I shoved the diaper bag into that bitch's chest, making her stumble back a little.

"Hey—He don't like to be held like that." Tay warned as he began to cry. Antonio rocked and shushed him softly. He just turned to Adrian.

"Call me and let me know how he's doing." He sighed and turned around, going up the steps. I followed.

"Tay, I'm really sorry!" He just went in his apartment and I slammed the door.

"That bitch! I can't believe that damn nerve." I shook my head.

"At least we know the truth."

"Then why the hell didn't she give you a DNA test? I'll tell you why, she knew you were gonna put all that money into him." It was quiet for a while. For a while, it was just the sound of the TV as he scrolled down his phone. I got to watch three episodes of some show that was getting interesting.

"Tay, what are you doing after graduation, hun?"

"Graduation? Girl, I can't even get this prom shit sorted." Prom was a week away, and I got instantly stressed again.

"I'm serious, baby." I used a gentle voice. He sighed.

"I'm planning on going to Cali for a while, try to blow up a little more. I can't wait! Baby, we lit here, imagine California!"

"Cali? Baby...that's...I'm so happy for you!" I said, smiling.

"You mean us?"

"U-us? Baby, I told you I'm going to college. I can't just pack up and follow you."

"Well, where you going?"

"Atlanta."

"Georgia? We gone be on two different sides?" He sighed.

"I know...I know..."

"Damn....losing you too." He said it low, I know it wasn't intended for me to hear.

"Oh my God, no! You're not losing me at all—You know what? Let's just enjoy the time we have to live together, we'll talk about this later. Come here!" I open my arms and motion for him to come. He smiles a little for the first time since the baby left and gets off the seat. He comes and lays on the couch with me. I wrap my arms around him and kiss him.

"I love you, shorty." I tease.

"Love you too, midget." He teases back.

"You know you always got me, right?"

"Imma hold you to your word." Some time later, I became bleary eyed and sleepy.

"Imma marry you." He said sleepily. I wasn't sure if he was fully asleep, but I decided to answer him.

"Imma hold you to your word." I said back, closing my eyes.

____________________

Dropped too many bombs in one chapter 🙊 but I got something planned...

Comment & Vote 💕