12🌺: True Colors

Ebony Keys 🦋

"Ebony, stop fuckin' playin wimme bro!" I sucked my teeth and ended up laughing.

"I don't play!" I snapped back.

"Den why you hittin' my line like you reckless?" He asked, sounding pressed as fuck.

"I was bored." I bit my lip and shrugged. He ducked his teeth. Tay was bout to pop a blood vessel because I shot him a couple of texts so he could come see me.

"Man, fuck allat, I'm here now. So wassup? You got that birth control yet?" He looked at me with a smirk on his face. Okay, so I let this nigga hit...one time. Ever since then, nigga been acting crazy—crazier.

"Hell no. And even if I did, you still usin' a condom."

"Man, you trippin. I'm tryna plant my seed while I still can." I did a double take on his ass.

"Bitch, you not finna have me wobbling across the field at graduation! Get out my face, boy. I just got my hair done and you not finna mess up my skates frontal." I flipped my hair and went back to what I was doing.

"Man, Stop actin' like youn want this." I sucked my teeth.

"Nigga, I don't." I flexed.

"You wasn't saying that when I was fuckin'. Matter of fact, I think You was sayin' something like 'Daddy'." I sucked my teeth and threw a pillow at him.

"Fuck you, you so immature." I rolled my eyes. He came and sat in front of me, all in my face. He smiled a little and kissed me. I pushed him a little.

"Did you not hear the part about my frontal?"

"I'll get it fixed." He mumbled against me lips, kissing me again. He stopped and got up.

"Where you goin'?"

"You must want ya dad to walk in on us?" He mugged me.

"Come on, scary." I laughed at him, getting up.
*

The following morning, I woke up sore, still tired, and I had to go to school. I opened the door and walked out sleepily.

"Bye, Daddy!" I tried to yell.

"Have a good day, lil lady!" I smiled and shut the door. I walked down the steps, just in time to catch D'Essence walking down the sidewalk.

"Boy, I'm so ready for break—bitch, why you walking like that?" She gave me a curious look.

"My ankle hurts."

"Bull—shit. You got dicked down, didn't you?" She smirked.

"Shut up." I scoff, and she squealed.

"Oh my God, I can't believe y'all are like—together now!" She sounded like a basic bitch.

"Mannn...." All I could do was blush. I looked to the bus stop and saw the usual—except one was missing. I guess she read my facial expressions, because she answered the question in my head.

"Tay be riding with his lil friends now, yeen know?"

"Ian been noticing he was gone." I shrugged. I only started noticing he was missing four days in a row.

"Yeah, the same nights he be fucking wit at school. Them monkey ass niggas." She rolled her eyes.

"You talm bout them niggas that hang with Pookie?" She nodded as we approached the bus stop. When we got to school, I was already ready to go.

"Ugh, why everybody crowding around our table." I mugged the huge crowd around the third table on the left.

"Man, I fuck wit that last song you dropped." I heard somebody say. I saw that Tay was in the middle, soaking up all the attention.

"Taymor!" I called out to him. He looked at me and acknowledged me for a split second, before looking at a hoe that tapped him. I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes, walking away. I sat down at Ten and them table.

"Wassup ma! How you doin', Miss Lady?" Ten dapped me up and acknowledged D, and Malik side eyed me. I dropped him because I didn't wanna keep stringing him along because I knew I wouldn't like that.

"Look at my boy, got all the hoes!" Ten chuckled. I hid the stank look on my face.

"That lil nigga betta be careful." I mumbled.

"You must be jealous?" Malik asked.

"And You must miss me? All in my fuckin' mouth. Ion got nothing to be jealous of." I put a hand up and got on my phone.

"Oou, chunked yo ass off!" Ben hyped, making me laugh. When the morning bell rung, I got up and walked out of the cafeteria, going to the hall of my first period. I glanced at Tay while he was with his 'friends' joking around. He glanced at me, made eye contact, and looked away.

Is this nigga being fake?

I walked straight past and went to my class, brushing it off. The day went by kind of quick, I was so happy when the lunch bell rang.

"Miss Keys? May I speak with you before you go to lunch?" I nodded at Ms.Rankin, holding back my small attitude. When I was done, I walked out of the room to see a small crowd of people. I raised my eyebrow, seeing Black, D, and Zoe standing off to the side like they belonged there.

"Hey y'all, what are y'all doing here?" I said over the loud group of boys some feet away from us.

"Our teacher got pissed off and left." They shrugged.

"Y'all tryna go get somethin' to eat?" Everybody agreed and we walked past the group of boys. I noticed Taymor was in this group.

"Hey, Tay?" I tried to call at him. Everybody stopped and got annoyed when he didn't answer. Finally, he turned around with an attitude.

"What?" He asked. I looked him up and down, about to snap. Again, I brushed the shit off.

"You tryna go wit' us to get somethin' to eat?"

"Nah, I'm straight."

"Coo'." We began to walk away and I heard him mumble something under his breath, making everybody erupt in laughter. I spun around, tilting my head.

"You must got some' you wanna get off yo' chest?"

"Shid, do you?" He stepped closer.

"You acting shady as fuck, that's what I got to get off my chest."

"And you acting mad clingy."

"Bitch, I asked if you wanted to go get something to eat, not if we can cuddle." I mugged him.

"Man, get the fuck out my face."

"Ion know why you actin' like that, but get it together."

"Ion know why you acting like we together—we fucked, that's it. Yeen special." At that moment, watching them laugh at me, I felt super humiliated. I felt angry tears well up in my eyes. I played with the infinity loop necklace I had around my neck. My adrenaline was rushing, and next thing I knew, the necklace was in my hand, broken.

"Fuck you." I threw it at his face, turning around and walking away.

"Aye, Where y'all going?"I heard him ask.

"To go see 'bout our friend, since you wanna be a bitch."

_______________

I had an extra free period today 💚

Pray for me, I got a Calculus test next period 😭

Comment and Vote 💚💛