30🌺: Lovestruck

Ebony|E🦋

"EBONY!" I heard my mother's voice call from somewhere else in the apartment. Tay and I made it back to Arlington with minimal problems. He decided it was unsafe for me to stay with him until he figured out the path of the psycho that was once my dad. I tried to convince him to stay here, but he convinced me that he was fine, instead.

"YES, MAMA?" I answered back, listening closely for her response.

"COME HERE!" I took that as my cue for my feet to hit the floor. I quickly made it to the front room to see that the floor was almost filled with presents. My eyes went wide.

"He even got me something. That boy is good..." She chuckled as she shook her head. My jaw was dropped as I scanned the room door of Micheal Kors, Victoria Secret, Nike, Adidas, Jordan's, and some other brands.

"Ion know why you so surprised—he bought you a car." She pinched my cheek. "He's head over heels for you, if you didn't notice." She kissed my cheek. "Happy Valentine's Day."

"You too." My soft voice caught me off guard as she handed me two envelopes. I opened the first one, and it had my mama's handwriting all over it. She gave me some money and was basically saying she loved me and that she missed me. The second car was from Tay, telling me we were gonna go out.
*

"You showing out." I giggle softly at Tay as he pretty much points out everything wrong with the menu. He took me to a fancy, yet casual restaurant a couple of miles outside Arlington. We already decided to get some steak and shrimp, but he was still tripping.

"Nah, nah—they showing out. This ain't shit but a burger with some fancy ass lettuce—$30." He still had that cheap mentality—to an extent. Thirty for a burger is pretty dumb.  Soon enough, the waiter came and took our order.

"Yo, you good?" I looked up because I thought he was talking to me. He was staring at the waiter.

"I'm fine sir, why do you ask?" He responds politely.

"Well, I wasn't sure, since you eyin' my girl down like she some typa meat." He straight faced him as the waiter's face turned tomato red.

"Oh no, it wasn't like that—I...Uh..."

"Sir, you're fine, don't mind him." I rolled my eyes and he nodded, swallowing hard.

"I'll just go out these orders in." He said sheepishly.

"Thanks." Tay sneered sarcastically.

"Be nice." I scold him.

"He better stop lookin' at you like that." He crosses his arms.

"You know I only got eyes for you, so why does it matter?" His face softened.

"You can't speak for them, E." He simply said, then quickly changed the subject. "Why haven't I been seeing you at school?"

"Nigga, don't you skip all the time?"

"True."

"Weird shit been happening." I say plainly.

"Like what?" He sips his drink.

"Like, Chassidy came up to me and started talking to me. We was in the bathroom, so I decked her ass in the mouth real quick and kept it pushing. But then D'Essence started trying to talk to me too. Both of them asking me about you and me—like, the fuck?"

"They plottin', simple." He shrugged. "Gotta do some' bout it." He sat up, getting serious.

"What do you suggest?" I leaned forward. He smirked.