31🌺: Game Plan

Ebony|E🦋

"I'm sorry, but the person you've called has a mailbox that has not be—"

I tossed my phone on the bed and let it bounce, laying back on the bed beside it. I sighed as I crawled under my comforter, balling up as I stared at my phone. I haven't had any contact with Tay in like a week and that's not normal. Even a simple text would suffice, but I haven't even had that. I reached out and grasped my phone. I reached to my nightstand and grabbed my headphones. Two minutes later, I was on the phone with Zoe.

"Z, I'm worried about him." I sniffled as I hugged my pillow.

"I know you are." She rasped as I heard shuffling in the background. "I am too."

"He said something about setting somebody up when he left last time." I bit my lip in nervousness. The sound of oil boiling got louder. Mom was cooking. The smell was great, but I was too worried to eat.

"What if he..." Next thing I know, I bursted into tears.

"Calm down—don't say that." She tried to calm me down, but the worst case scenario had already seeped deep. I tried to listen to her voice as she attempted to soothe me. I felt my body shake as I tried to stop my mind from racking on the many possibilities. I guess she decided to get my mind off of it, because she started talking about prom, which we were both excited for. I played with the ring on my finger as we talked.

"You wanna go to go pick up the dresses today? We can go get some shoes and stuff too."

"Yeah." I breathed out. "Let's do that. You wanna get some shoes while we're in the mall?"

"Sure, we can go on that shop on the top floor."

"Bet." I felt my bed sink, making my body slide down a little. I looked up at the person sitting on my bed.

"TAY!" I sat up quickly and threw the covers off my body.

"I'll call you back, kid." Zoe giggled.

"Bye." I pulled out my headphones as I heard the beeps. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, kissing him on the lips. I heard and felt the crackle of plastic on my lap as he used his hands to hold my head. He pulled away from the heated kiss and looked down at me. He bit his lip as he wiped a fresh tear away with his thumb.

"I brought you some flowers." He gestured to the bouquet on my lap.

"Aww, you did?" I gestured to them then looked back up at him. My smile dropped, and I slapped him, making a loud noise. He immediately held his cheek and mugged me.

"The fuck you do that for?" He hissed in a soft voice, not really sounding mad.

"Where the hell you been? You got me worried and shit!"

"Baby, it was only a week—"

"Nine days feel like nine years when it seem like everybody at ya boyfriend's neck. Clearly you know that." He was quiet.

"I'm sorry. My phone busted and I'm getting a new one sent." I sucked my teeth in dissatisfaction. "I know it's a shitty excuse."

"And is." I say, laying back down, facing the wall.

"Lemme make it up to ya." He said, touching my leg. I hit him on the hand.

"Don't touch me." I blurt. He sighed and scooted up the bed.

"But look, I found out some shit though."

"What?" I raise my eyebrow at a clicking noise.

"Chassidy and D fucking with your dad." I quickly swung my legs around so I'm sitting up again.

"How?" I said, scooting to the edge. I looked at him to see that he was lighting a blunt.

"Stop, bitch!" I snatched the lighter from him, but it was too late. "I don't like that smell and it'll stay in here forever!" I exaggerate, snatching the blunt from him as he blew smoke.

"Aye!" He protested as I reached over to my nightstand and aimed to put it out on a glass plate. I tried to lunge to it, but Tay had a tight grip on my arm, and I wasn't close enough to the dresser to reach over. I kept my foot in his torso so he couldn't get up without a fight. He caught me off guard and grabbed me by the neck. I grabbed his arm with my free hand immediately after. He was skinny as fuck, but he had enough muscle and upper body strength to hold me back.

"You play too fucking much!" He grumbled, mugging me. I couldn't do anything but smile and stick my tongue out. He looked at me like her was confused, then sucked his teeth.

"Freak ass, how the fuck I'm supposed to be serious when everything I do get you wet?"

"Don't be serious." I said bluntly, still trying to keep the stupid blunt away from him.

"Gimme this shit—" He snatches it out of my hand and lets me go. "Before you burn this house down."

"Noooo!" I whined as he took a hit. He blew the smoke out and hit my thigh with the back of his hand.

"Stop whining before I give you something to whine for." He gave me a look before hitting the blunt again. I sighed aggressively as he blew a large cloud of smoke.

"Just tell me what you found out." I scooted away from him, just for him to blow it my way.

"About what?" I straightfaced him.

"About Chapstick and Dickwad being with my dad." He started sputtering, making me pat his back. He was laughing at me.

"You so damn—you play too much." He sighed, seeming to blow his giggles out. "In the lil week I was gone, I made D think I like her, so I been chilling at her crib—"

"Doing what?" I mugged him.

"Not shit." He said quickly. "But eating her food and going through her phone while she in the shower. Found messages between her and Chassidy saying they gone meet up at some girl's house with your dad to talk."

"When?" I sat at alert.

"Tomorrow. 6:30. Imma be back later. Be ready." He ordered as he stood up.

"For what?" I ask.

"Imma take you to a field or something so I can teach you how to shoot halfway. On some hood shit." He said.

"Unt uh!" I shook my head.

"Yes huh." He said in a serious tone. "For real, Imma need the comfort of knowing I got support. I'm popping up on your dad tomorrow. I don't want you there at all, but I need you there for backup. Nobody else is gone work." He sighed. I agreed silently. He reached for the door, but stepped back as I got up.

"I'm sorry I scared you like that." He pokes his lip out slightly, bending over to kiss me.

"Whatever, dude." I joke between kisses.

"Mmm, whatever my ass." He mumbled against my lips right before pulling away. "I'm for real though. Be ready, big head." 

"Imma shoot you." I simply say, following him out of the door.

__________________

I know this chapter lame I'm sorry 😒