33🌺: The Follow Up

Ebony|E 🦋

"E, that's not my kid!" Was basically all I heard down the road. I wasn't studying that shit. I was quiet the whole time, looking in the rear view mirror to check on the boy. We finally stopped in front of my mama's house. He left the car running and jumped out with me. I went straight to his trunk and grabbed some bags. He did the same.

"You know how bitches be! When you get a lil clout, they pop up and claim that they pregnant and allat! Just to get money." He said. I walked through the front door. Mama was watching TV in the living room.

"Hey y'all! Oou, you bought food? Here, I'll help with the rest—"

"No!" We yelled at the same time. She put a hand on her chest.

"Well damn...okay then." She chuckled. I blew a breath and set the bags on the counter.

"We got it, ma." I chuckled as I go back outside. Tay continues to whine and babble. I grab the last three bags and slam the trunk, getting ready to lock him out the house. He grabs my wrist.

"What?" I mug him.

"Ion know how to take care of no kid." He admits. Both of us being only children, I didn't know that much either. Lord knows a CPS case wouldn't be beneficial right now.

"Cut the car off and bring him in." I lean in the doorway, feeling a headache come on. I watched as he struggled with the seat and bag. He finally stepped in and I shut the door. Mama glanced up.

"Uh...y'all must be babysitting?" She looked between us three. I snickered.

"Something like that. We'll be back." I lead to my room. I remained quiet as I took the kid and checked his diaper.

"What's his name?" I broke the silence.

"Cameron Deshawn Kelly." He held the letter in his hand.

"What's her name?" I sat Cameron up a little as he babbled.

"Who's?"

"Please don't act dumb."

"It's Adrian." I started to look at Cameron closer. He had soft, curly hair. He was brown skinned and little.

"I'm trying to call her now." I looked at him so quick.

"You still have her number?"

"Relax, she wrote it down." He flashed the paper as he put the phone to his ear. I get up and put Cam on my hip.

"Where you—Adrian, you crossed the motherfucking line this time." I walked out and went to go sit with my mom.

"So, Who's this?" She smiles and outstretches her arms.

"This is Cameron." I handed him to her. "This is—allegedly—Tay's son." She looked up at me super quick.

"Ooooou...."

"I know..."

"He don't look like Tay to me—but how y'all find out?"

"This bit—girl had the audacity to put the baby in the buggy while we stepped away."

"The hell?" She made a stank face and shook her head. I was about the respond until Tay came out. He looked super stressed out. He looked over at us and scratched his head, key ring on his finger.

"Uh...you wanna ride with me right quick?" I nodded. "Bring the kid." I rolled my eyes and took him from mama.

"We'll be back, mama." Tay says before he heads for the door. I followed closely.