38🌺: Hard Decision

Omniscient 🌎

"I'm sorry, but I'm still in love with him." She cried out, making Taymor's heart skip a beat. Terry looked at her with sad and confused eyes.

"Oh..." Was all he could croak, looking away and pulling at his t-shirt collar. Ebony said nothing, sitting on the bedside and playing with her hands.

"Who is he?" He asked.

"A childhood friend who turned into way more." She answered honestly. He nodded. He picked up the phone again.

"And that's his phone."

"So he was here..." He asked, but it came out as a statement.

"Yes..." She squeaked, not knowing what his reaction would be. He said nothing, he just sat beside her. Taymor continued to sit in the closet, listening as hard as he could.

"Did you fuck him?" Silence.

"Yes." She closed her eyes. For a while, they just sat there. He leaned over and kissed her cheek softly and sadly. She looked over at him.

"Imma step out for a lil bit, aight?" His voice sounded broken, yet he was so casual as he got up and made his way out of the apartment.

Ebony never thought she would be so shaken up over him.

It felt like her stomach lurched and an emotional shitstorm hit her. She sat on the end of the bed and tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill. After a minute or two, she pushed herself up and grabbed Taymor's phone. She opened the closet door and handed him his phone. He stood up and smirked at her.

"I see his lame ass finally gone."

"Not funny, I just broke his heart..." She whispered. "Look, Imma call you later. I gotta handle some business." She made up something. She just needed some time alone.

"You need help?"

"Nah."

"Aight." He kissed her forehead and soon left too. She sighed and laid in her bed. She didn't know how long she had laid there quietly, but it gave her time to think. There would never be enough time to figure out exactly what to do.  She decided to call Jen.

"Wassup guh?" She asked, sipping from her drink.

"You get some?" Iyana smirked as m

"Yeah...but at what cost?" Ebony mumbled, snuggling into the covers.

"Uh oh, what happened?" Ebony told them the story, and they sat just as dumb founded as her.

"Well...shit..."

"I know."

"Girl, you want us to come over? This sounds rough."

"It's okay, I'm fine." They talked and laughed with each other for a while.

"Well...Aight, im gone let y'all go, much love. I'll check on you guys later." She kisses at her screen.

"Mmwwwaaauh! Love you babe, get some sleep and drink some water. Bye." Ebony chuckled as she hung up. Now, sleep, she could do. Water would have to wait.

She woke up to hear a consistent tapping noise at what she assumed was her door. She struggled to get herself out of bed. She was getting the best, uninterrupted sleep until now.

"Who is it?" She groans, just loud enough for the person on the other side to hear.

"Terry..." She heard him slur from the other side. Ebony sighs hard and opens the door, making him stumble in. It appears that he was leaned against the door. Once he gained his balance, she shut the door.

"Why are you here?"

"I need to know..." He started, but was clearly too intoxicated to focus. He sighed.

"Don't nobody ever love me, man. I just wanna know what the hell im doin'..." He put his hands on her shoulders, startling her.

"What I gotta do, Ebony? Why youn love me, kid?" His voice was slightly raised, and she could definitely smell the alcohol on his breath.

"You scarin' me." She blurted, not really by choice. He took his hands from her shoulders and wiped a stray tear from his face.

"My bad, Imma just go. This was a mistake." She heard him grumble the last part.

"No! You can't go, y-you're wasted." There wasn't any telling what damage he's done or could do.

"Lay down, I'll get you a blanket." He does what he's told as she walked off. When she returned, he was staring at the ceiling.

"Preciate it." He slurred, wrapping the blanket around his body.

"Welcome." She mumbles, just ready to get back in bed.

"Love you." He mumbled as he turned his body, front towards the back of the sofa.

"Love you." She answers, not really thinking.