1🌺: The Spot

Ebony Keys 🦋

"Bitch, be realistic." Essence told Zoe. They were arguing over something and I didn't care to listen to as we walked to the bus stop. The stop was usually separated into three parts. One part was mostly females doing stuff to look extra cute before we walk into school. The middle was always the chill kids, who were still half asleep. The other side was mostly dudes gambling, shooting dice at that.

"E, wassup ma! Tryna get in on dis?" Ziggy asked, shaking the dice.

"Damn, E the only one here?" Zoe said with an attitude before I could answer.

"E the only one who ain't too boujee." Ziggy mugged her.

"Imma pass this time, ion wanna leave y'all broke." I joked, making them laugh.

"Ight, you stay talkin' shit." Tay said.

"That's in my blood, Forehead." He sucked his teeth when I popped it. They was screaming and hollering until the bus came.

"Yep, my money, thank you." TJ told them, making them groan. We all stepped up on the bus, most of us coming to the back. I had to sit by Taymor, because some bitch had something to tell Zoe and took the third spot. Rude ass motherfucker.

"Y'all goin' to da Spot tonight?" Somebody on this crowded ass bus said. He earned a couple of "Hell yeah"s, including one from Tay.

"You goin', E?" He asked me quietly. I shook my head, keeping my eyes straight ahead.

"Come on, bruh. You gotta go to this one wit' me. I got a surprise." He begged.

"Last time I went to a party witchu, I got approached by a crackhead who really wanted five dollars. He offered to do some strange ass shit for them five dollars, then started tellin' me he would do those strange things fa free! Ian goin' to nomo parties."

"This one gon' be crackhead free!" I bursted our laughing.

"The answer is no, Tay." I shook my head.

"Please?" He poked his lip out jokingly.

"Yeah, come on, please?" People started jumping into our conversation, including niggas I barely knew. I sucked my teeth and gave in.

"Okay, damn." I crossed my arms, and Tay kissed my temple as everybody smiled.

"Why?" I cut my eyes at him. He shrugged and kept quiet for the rest of the ride.
*

I pulled my shirt down as I stepped out of the front door. After school let out, I went straight home and started chilling. Tay was getting on my nerves about this party, so I finally got up and got ready.

"Ready da pull?" He asked as I glanced at the dude beside him.

"I was gon' ride wit Essence n Zoe." I tell him.

"I figured you had wanted to get there before the damn party ended."

"You gotta point. Le's ride." I shrugged, following them. We jumped in buddy's car and sped down the road. I made sure I put my seatbelt on, niggas don't care about life these days. We pulled up to some building.

"Aye, we gotta go in here right quick, you tryna come in?" I looked back at the small building and nodded. Once we got in, I gagged at the smell. It was okay looking, but it smelled like mold. I was ready to go already, so it seemed like we was walking forever until Tay opened the door. I stepped in and saw that it was a recording studio. A bald headed dude was sitting at the panel, and a skinny white dude was behind the glass.

"Tay-K, wassup my man?" I furrowed my eyebrows him as they dapped each other up.

"Tay-K?" I bit my lip. It sounded super familiar.