34🌺: Old Times

Ebony|E 🦋

I woke up out of my sleep to hear a baby crying loudly. Once I realized that it wasn't a dream, I sat up and looked at the screaming baby that laid beside me. I picked him up and grabbed a bottle off of the dresser. It was clear that he didn't want that, because he spit the nipple out then started crying harder.

"Damn." I mumble, not knowing what else to do. Diaper was clean, wasn't hungry, what was it?

"Can you shut that baby up?" I heard a voice ask from the floor.

"Can you shut up? You're the parent, not me. You should be taking care of this." He groaned and covered his ears with a pillow.

"Asshole." I hiss, not knowing he could hear me.

"Annoying."

"Dumbass!" I said louder.

"Thot!"

"Hoe!"

"Trick!"

"Just shut up, you skinny stack of shit!"

"You shut up, you no b—" He was cut off by the door slamming open. Only the baby's cries were heard at this point. My mama was standing in the doorway in her robe and bonnet, mugging us as she stepped up.

"Gimme this damn baby." She took him, his bottle, and his bag. She walked out and managed to slam the door back shut with all that shit in her hand.

"Cunt." I mumble. He sits up.

"Dickhead." He gets in my face.

"That's why yo dick little!" I blurt—really lying like a motherfucker.

"Oh for real? It's little, huh? That's why yo pussy loose!"

"So my shit loose?"

"So my shit little?" We were face to face.

"Oou, I hate you! Ya mama shoulda swallowed."

"Won't you teach her?" He smirked evilly.

"Get out my face."

"Make me." I tried to push him back but he grabbed my wrist and pushed me on the bed, kissing me roughly.

"AND YALL BETTER NOT BE FUCKING IN THIS HOUSE! CANT HANDLE NO BABY ANYWAY!" He sighed and let go. I just scooted back to the wall and he did the same.

"You know, I never thought I would say this, but I miss the hood. I'm going back." He was quiet.

"Well...if you let me kill your dad—"

"You can't make me stay out, Taymor. I miss my friends, and I wanna see them."

"Okay."

"And Nothing you say is gonna stop me. Tomorrow, I'm getting in my car, and I'm going back to the Hill. Wait, did you say okay?" He chuckled.

"Yeah. Who am I to keep you from your best friends. Fuck ya dad." He shrugged. I almost bursted into a mess of happiness. I grabbed his jaw and forced kisses on him as he laughed in between them.

"Awww, thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's been sooooo long, I can't wait!"

"Excited? I don't think that needs an answer." I smiled as I laid down. He laid down and pulled my closer.

"Love you."

"Love you too."

"Gimme a kiss." I pecked his lips. "Bruh, that baby ass shit. Gimme a grown woman kiss since you so grown." I gave him a longer kiss.

"I want another kiss, not on my lips." I scrunched my face up.

"Then where?"

"My head." I sat up and tried to kiss his forehead. He moved away.

"Not there." I sucked my teeth.

"Unt uh, I'm going to sleep!"

"Bruh, come on."

"Goodnight!"
*

I smiled hard as we turned into the complex of Washington Hill. It turned out that Tay hadn't been there for a while either. We pulled up in front of my old apartment building and smiled. Ziggy, Zoe, and TJ were sitting on the sidewalk. Black was bouncing a basketball to Rue. The second they looked up, their faces lit up. They all got up and came to both sides, opening the doors.

"I CANT BELIEVE YALL CAME TO SEE US! I THOUGHT YALL NIGGAS WAS FAKE AS HELL!" Zig yelled, smiling. His smile dropped quickly.

"Get out the car, I wanna fight."

"Oh shut up, Ziggy. Are we gonna address this baby?" I looked at Tay, and he looked like he wanted to sink into his seat.

"What about him?"

"Where he come from? Who y'all babysitting for?"

"My baby mama." He mumbled.

"YO BABY MAMA?" They all chorused in shock,
mean mugging him as he put his hands in his face.

"Somebody please start explaining. Please tell me this ain't what I think." Zoe sassed aggressively towards Tay.

"Y'all remember Adrian?"

"Big titty Adrian?" Black asked.

"Big booty Adrian?" Ziggy chimed.

"Dumb ass Adrian?" Zoe asked. Tay cleared his throat and nodded.

"I had sex with her at a party, continued to talk for a while, then we stopped talking. At least a year later, here we are." Black started laughing.

"Yoooo! I can't believe you knocked up one of the baddest bitches—" TJ looks at me. "You know what? Not an accomplishment. Shoulda been bagging her."
He pointed at me.

"No shit. But, now I got her...and she a step mommy." Everybody started laughing except for Rue.

"Yo, ion mean to be all negative...but—this baby don't look like you." Rue muttered.

"His nose!" Black points out, making me nod. Eventually, we all get out and chill in Tay's house. This reminded me of before I moved out. I realized again that I missed it. Even though we went through hard times, we went through struggles: aside from the learning of a lesson, there was one thing that was for sure:

We had each other. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

_________________

Sorry for the lack of updates, I literally cannot focus long enough to write a chapter for this book sometimes.

If you guys got to pick the topic of another book I write, what would it be? It could be a fan fic about a person, or anything you'd wanna read.

Comment & Vote 💕