4.3

[D A N I E L  S E A V E Y]

"bye guys, i'll see you later!" elaina called, as the last of our friends got on a plane to go to their hometowns for thanksgiving.

"now i have you all to myself," i smiled at elaina, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"not all to yourself. you still have to share me with anna and my dad. oh, and also keri since we planned a girl's day on sunday," she told me, and i groaned in annoyance, putting my head on her shoulder and pouting.

"but i don't like sharing," i mumbled and she laughed, kissing my cheek.

"well, i have to share you with the boys, so you can deal," she shrugged, and i lightly chuckled.

"you ready to go back?" i asked, as we were still standing in the middle of the portland airport.

"yeah," she replied, and we walked out of the airport hand-in-hand.

~

"baby, my stomach hurts," elaina whined, clutching her stomach and pouting.

"i know baby, i know," i sighed, rubbing her back and trying to comfort her to the best of my abilities. i hated it more than anything to see her in this pain, especially since i'm the one who caused this pain. i caused it because i'm the one that got her pregnant, and now she's hurting because of it.

she groaned in pain and cuddled up to me, so i wrapped my arms around her and started singing softly in her ear to try to make her a bit more relaxed and calm.

"i have died everyday waiting for you,
darling don't be afraid, i have loved you
for a thousand years. i'll love you for a more.

all along i believed i would find you.
time has brought your heart to me and
i have loved you for a thousand years.
i'll love you for a thousand more."

i looked down and saw her eyes close and small snores start to escape her mouth. i smiled to myself before closing my eyes and falling asleep next to the girl that i will love for the rest of my life.

~

i woke up a few hours later to elaina shifting in bed beside me. i kissed her forehead and her eyes fluttered open, and my heart was filled with even more adoration for this girl.

"hey baby," i smiled, and she scooted closer to me, putting her head on my chest.

"i'm tired," she said quietly.

"we slept for three house. how can you still be tired?" i laughed, and she shrugged, closing her eyes again, but i could tell she hadn't fallen asleep. i started to feel hungry, so i shifted around, causing her to groan in annoyance because she was laying on top of me, "i'm going to go get something to eat," i whispered to her, and she nodded, before releasing her grip around me so i could get up from where i was laying.

i went into the kitchen, and saw my mom making dinner.

"how long until that is ready?" i asked her tiredly, rubbing my eyes.

"probably about five minutes. come get elaina out here and we'll eat," my mom instructed me, so i went back in my room to find elaina laying in bed while playing on her phone.

"hey, my mom is making dinner and it will be done in five minutes. get up," i told her, so she stretched before sitting up in bed, then sliding off of it and stretching once more.

"what is she making?" elaina asked, walking over to me and laying her head on my chest as i wrapped my arms around her.

"it looked like spaghetti and meatballs," i replied, and she nodded.

i unwrapped my arms from around her and opened my bedroom door. we walked out of the door and into the kitchen, where i saw anna sitting on top of the counter while deep in conversation with my mom.

"why are you always here?" i questioned, pulling out a bar stool for elaina then sitting down in the one beside her.

"because mom invited me over for dinner, that's why," anna snapped, and i rolled my eyes.

"oh yeah, your dad is out with a friend looking at a new carpet for the living room since it's old, so don't be alarmed or concerned that he's not here," mom told us.

we all said 'okay', then my mom pulled out the garlic bread from the oven.

"dinner is served," she smiled, and all three of us got up and went over to the other counter to eat dinner.

we all ate, laughing and talking the whole time, until my dad walked in.

"hey dad," anna smiled.

"hey anna, what are you doing here?" he asked, and i snorted of laughter.

"why does everyone keep asking why i'm here? this is my parents' house. i can be here whenever the hell i want to be," anna sighed, before taking a bite out of her spaghetti.

"gosh, i was just asking a simple question," dad laughed, before grabbing himself a plate and putting his food on it.

he joined us at the table and we all continued our happy conversation filled with smiles and laughter.