"Hold on, if you're only up here to talk to me on his behalf, I don't recall ever telling him I was mad or anything of the sort. I seen the kiss, I wish I hadn't, but I know he pushed her away. He can just come talk to me on his own." I explained.

"He doesn't know I'm up here." Rick said.

I kinda laughed uncomfortably. "In that case, continue."

"See, the second he was born, he was my number one priority aside from Lori. I knew one day he would get married and I would be handing him off to someone new, someone he loved, and someone I hoped loved him back just as much. I didn't expect to find out who that would be this early in his life. When I woke up in this mess, I didn't know if we'd ever find that person. That wasn't exactly something that came to my mind quickly, but as I was searching for him, all I did was think about him. I couldn't help it. All before the farm, I never thought of you two as anything more than best friends. I was glad he had someone like you, someone his age, to go through all of this with. I couldn't imagine him doing it alone. I mean, he'd always have me, I would make sure of that, but what if one day I wasn't good enough. But the second he got shot, I could tell it hurt you just as much as it hurt Shane and I. It hurt you, like you loved him, but more immediate than just a friend. Love is indescribable, but I could tell you loved him. You ran right with me, you made sure I had a clear path to get him some help. I was even more sure you love him when you stepped up and offered him your blood. People don't usually do that for just anyone. The thing I'm trying to get at here is, being a father, all any dad ever wants for their kid is someone who will love them and take care of them when they need it. All I ever wanted was for him to have a good life and one day find a girl who was strong, beautiful, and an admirable person. Someone who could take care of herself. Someone who could even put him into his place if he needed it. Most of all, I wanted that someone to love him unconditionally, just as he loved her. Emma, I see that with you. I see you two having a future together, and quite frankly, you're so good for him. Just don't give up on him, because I know he won't ever give up on you. Its just clear, he loves you. I know you love him." Rick spoke.

With tears in my eyes, I began, "That really means a lot to me. I'm just scared I've messed things up. I might just be paranoid, but I can feel him and I drifting apart, and it scares me. There were bad decisions I've made, in order to get things done and make sure I stayed alive and everyone around me did. I'm just afraid that messed things up between him and I. I've worried about that for a while. But it truly means a lot, all you said. I don't think anyone has ever actually said something that nice to me." I hugged him.

"Like I said, you're family. Why don't you come down and join us all." Rick said, the hug breaking.

I stood up with him, and he got off of the roof first. He offered me his help to get down, which I took. I'm not gonna lie, it's nice to have a little bit of help occasionally. I went half way down the ladder, and he grabbed me by the waist and lowered me to the ground.

I started to walk towards the group.

"Wait." He said.

I looked back to him and he pulled something out of his pocket, and handed it over to me.

It was my locket. I haven't had it since Terminus.

"Thanks." I said with a smile.

He nodded and we went over to our group. I could see none of them were mad at me, Glenn still looked disappointed in me, but not as bad. I'm sure someone told him what the scenario was.

Everyone welcomed me with open arms, even though I had been in the group since the beginning.

I took a seat on the ground next to Carl, who was talking to Zane.

Dixon's Daughter • The Walking Deadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें