Operation Rotten Cabbage (Part I) - Danny

"I need your help." I said as a manner of greeting to Keanna.

"Well, hello to you too. Lovely to speak to you again, Danny. Why, thank you!" she said, voice heavy with sarcasm. "I do look good today."

"I have no idea what you look like, I can't see you through the phone." I pointed out, rolling my eyes.

"It's still advised to be polite to the person you're asking for help." She said. "Especially if you've been kind of a jerk to them lately."

I sighed, nodding even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"You're right. I am sorry for... being a jerk, I guess." I mumbled.

"You guess?" She asked, stretching out the words and I could almost see her raised eyebrow.

"I am a jerk. And I'm sorry for what I said."

"Hmm. Remind me again, what was it exactly that you said?"

"Don't you think you're milking this just a bit much?" I pointed out, arching my own eyebrow.

"Don't you need my help?" She asked in a sing song voice and I heard the smile in her tone.

Even though she hadn't said it yet, I could tell she wasn't mad at me anymore. But I played along.

"So, you'll only help me if I apologize?" I asked.

"When you put it like that, it makes me sound like a bad person. But, yeah. Pretty much." She said.

"Oh, great Keanna! Will you please forgive me for being a humongous jerk and knowing not the worth of your awesome persona?" I clutched my heart for good measure, just to make things a bit more dramatic.

She chuckled. "Sure, sure. You get bonus points for using 'humongous' in your apology. Now, what do you need my help for?" She asked.

I was sitting on Sean's bed, waiting for him to get out of the shower. But I got up and made my way to the bathroom down the hall, just for good measure.

"It's Sean," I said once I closed the door behind me. "He's... he's not okay. And I don't know what to do to help him."

"Yeah, this whole situation is so fucked up it makes me want to scream." She said, huffing out a frustrated breath.

"Tell me about it." I mumbled, angling away from the mirror.

"I mean, don't get me wrong. I know exactly who I want to bitch slap." Keanna informed me. "My anger has a clear and well known target. And if I happen to be driving down a dark street and one of those fake blondes happens to pass in front of my car, I'm not leaving any evidence behind."

"I... don't really know how to respond to that." I told her.

"Well, you should probably figure it out, because I'm gonna call you to help me hide the body." She informed me.

I laughed and then covered my mouth after I remembered I was trying to be inconspicuous.

"I thought you weren't going to leave any evidence behind." I reminded her.

"Well, yes. No such thing as the perfect crime and all that." She said chuckling.

Our laughter died off and I sighed. It was good to be on talking terms with Keanna again. It was nice to have someone to share my worries with.

"How the hell am I supposed to help him?" I asked her quietly.

"Do something nice for him. Take him out somewhere. You guys do tend to spend a lot of time at home. And now that you're living together, it's bound to be a little... I don't know, cramped? No, that's not the word."