After Practice - Danny

Bzzt bzzt bzzt

The sound pulled me from a deep sleep. I blinked several times, unable to identify what was making the annoying sound.

“Off.” A muffled voice said from somewhere next to me.

Then a hand was unceremoniously shoved against my face.

“Oof.” I protested, blinking.

“Off!” The voice next to me whined as the buzzing sound continued.

I turned and saw my phone vibrating on top of the nightstand. The screen was flashing as my alarm went off.

Reaching out I tapped the screen trying to turn it off but my finger slipped and the phone tumbled to the floor and kept buzzing away.

I seriously considered just letting it buzz until the battery died but ultimately decided against it.

I turned off the alarm and tossed it back on the nightstand. Then turned towards the raspy voice that had vehemently told me to turn the ofending device off.

There's always that minute before you really wake up where your brain is fuzzy and trying to grasp the dreams it constructed while you slept. I was kind of still there.

The warm body next to mine was a dead giveaway that this wasn’t an ordinary morning. Usually I woke up alone. Except on the nights I invaded Shawnie's bed or he invaded mine.

I saw the familiar messy black hair peeking from underneath his favorite blanket and smiled. I wormed my way under it, wrapping my limbs around his body.

His.

I smiled against his skin and buried my nose in his hair. We had always been very touchy-feely with each other. And after our long talk the previous night, I felt like maybe he needed some physical reassurance that things wouldn’t change with us, now more than ever.

It was the best feeling in the world, not having this huge thing hanging between us. He was free to be himself around me. Uncensored.

The thought made my smile grow.

The soft morning light creeped around the edges of the curtain, chasing away the shadows. I closed my eyes against it, wanting to enjoy this moment for just a little while longer.

“Tell me a secret.” I murmured against his ear.

“I hate the verb ‘to frolick’.” He mumbled into his pillow.

I chuckled and kissed his neck. He  hummed softly and pressed his body back against mine.

And that... well, maybe wasn’t the best idea. Considering my, um, morning situation.

I bit my lip against the little shock of pleasure that coursed through my body. Embarrassing situations came with the territory when you were very physical with someone, like I was with Shawnie.

I loved squeezing, hugging and touching him. But there was a clear and well established line that we had never crossed, even if it had never outwardly been spoken about.

The line where touch starts to mean more than the graze of hand on skin. Where touch turns into a deliberate caress.

And I never would. Not for the sake of just getting off. I could find someone else for that.

I was just horny and needed to get laid. That's why Shawnie's skin felt almost blisteringly hot against mine – even through the layers of clothes - and why his pert little ass seemed to fit so perfectly against me.

Yes, I had noticed my best friend's butt.  I was a red-blooded male, sue me.

Thankfully, my bladder saved me from further embarrassment.