chapter 42 will you marry me?

Hayat POV

The drive was silent and I have no idea where he was taking me .
"Sayan,  where you we going?"  I asked him unable to control my excitement.
"I am not going to reveal you that, my love!
I just want to take you there and show it you.
It's a surprise and I think you know that a surprise should be a surprise otherwise what is the need of a surprise?" he said with a smile. Thought I couldn't see him smiling as I am blindfolded I can feel that he was smiling now.

I don't know for how much time he was driving, may be an hour or two but we finally reached our destination as I felt the car stopped. I was relieved that finally I can take off the soft velvety cloth covering my eyes from hours.

"We are finally here! " Sayan announced making me sure that we reached our destination.

"Can I take this off ? "
"Is the surprise ready? " I asked Sayan trying to take off my blindfolds.

"No!
Not yet , my love!
Just show some patience ! "He said and got off the car and closed the door with a thud.

After a few seconds I heard the door of my side opening and I extended my hand towards him. As I very well know that was Sayan!

"Be careful hayat!" He said and took my hand and helped me to get out of the car with out banging my head to it. He closed the door and guided me to walk along with him with his hand in mine.

"Sayan, I can't wait to see the surprise !
Please let me open this! " I said pouting like a little girl.

He immediately grabbed the opportunity which I unknowingly throwed at him and placed a small kiss on my lips and I blushed as I didn't expect this from him at this moment. I thought he would be pissed off at my constant blabbering.

"A few more minutes my love!
We are almost there ." he said and I can sense that we are not walking on the hard ground any more .The hard ground was now replaced with a soft mater, may be with sand.

"Hayat,  please stay here and don't dare to move or take your blindfolds off!
I'll be back in a moment! " he said and walked away from me.

I can hear the voices coming from the side where Sayan left. They were discussing something about the wind velocity,  moisture content and other terms which I had a least knowledge on. Actually back in school I hated physics. I don't why should we should calculate the speed of the ball falling towards the ground . I mean there is a gravitational force which is attracting it and it was attracted to it, so it is falling towards it. Isn't that simple ?

My deep thoughts about my dumb physics was interrupted by Sayan's deep voice .
"Hayat,  let's go!" He said and came towards me. He gentle placed his on hand around my waist and with the other he took my hand and intertwined with his like earlier.

Finally! I thought to myself and I can't tell how excited I am for the surprise.

"Hayat, Be careful and take a step up! " He said guiding me and I did as I was told. As soon as I took a step up I sensed that the soft sand was again replaced with a hard thing. Sayan followed me and stood beside me.

"Now! " He shouted but not too loud. Within seconds there was a thumping sound and I gasped in horror.

"Sayan, is everything fine? " I asked feeling tensed about the sound.

"Everything is under control, my love.
Don't you worry about anything hayat when I'm beside you! "He said and squeezed my hand.

After a few moments, the cold breeze trickled my neck and cheeks and can smell the fresh air around us.