Adventure #9: Part 3: Spooning With Charlie, New Friend, and Bratty Neighbor

Start from the beginning

"You really don't have to help me." She said fixing her glasses.

"I've got nothing to do so why not help you. Plus you looked like you were about to be dragged down the beach by those dogs."

"If you're sure." She said and started walking.

"So how old are you Tilly?" I asked trying to start a conversation.

"Sixteen." She said. "I'm going to start my senior year this late August. How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen and graduated this year so I'm off to college or university soon." I said.

"What do you want to study?"

"No idea. I'm suppose to be using this summer to think about it."

We fell into silence and just kept walking. I could tell Tilly wasn't very social and didn't talk much to new people.

"So why do you have nine dogs?" I asked.

"I got a summer job so I have to take out these dogs for a walk for at least an hour and a half. They pay me five dollars daily so I make over three hundred dollars a week. Pretty good for a sixteen year old girl." She said as we walked off the beach.

"Sounds great." I said.

We fell into awkward silence once again.

"I like your pink hair." Tilly said as we walked down a street. "It's really bright."

"Thank you." I said.

"What book were you reading when I hit you with the frisbee?" She asked.

"Team Human." I said and her face lit up.

"Is it the book where the protagonist hates vampires and her best friend loves them?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah. I'm really liking it so far and the humor is perfect."

"Do you already know who Kit is?" She asked.

I laughed. "Yep! I fricken love him and if it weren't for him I probably wouldn't like the book. He's so adorable and doesn't know anything about being human even though he is one. He's so innocent and funny and I fell in love with him fast. It was love at first read." I said.

"I agree completely! Kit is like a adorable little puppy who you just can't help and love." She jumped of excitement and then blushed when she realised what she had done. "Sorry. I just get really excited when I talk about books."

"I'm like that too so don't worry."

(CHECK OUT MY BOOK REVIEW VIDEO FOR TEAM HUMAN TO THE SIDE! THE FIRST FEW MINUTES ARE SPOILER FREE!)

Tilly smiled but then she tuned pale and stopped walking. I looked at her confused and looked at where she was looking. A group of guys were walking down the sidewalk or way and for some reason made Tilly get really pale and a bit scared even.

"How about we cross the street and-" Tilly was cutt of though because the group of guys saw us, well her.

"Hello there Tilly." The guy who looked like he was the leader said with a smirk. "Who's your new friend? I'm guessing she doesn't know what a weirdo you are since she's hanging out with you."

I narrowed my eyes at the group of guys. If there was one thing that I hated more than Lindsay and Grapelovers it was bullies. These guys picked on Tilly just because she was shy and didn't know how to defend herself. Of course I was Lolly, I knew how it felt to be bullied but unlike Tilly I stood up for myself and didn't let my bullies get the best of me.