Together At Last

Somewhere around the city of Memphis, Niklaus Mikaelson was losing patience. It's been two days since he send those hybrids to Mystic Falls, making sure that Brooklyn would hunt down their useless asses and be led to him in no time.

But she was not here yet. Stefan was still in the city, doing God knows what, while he sat in the woods waiting for the youngest Salvatore to come and find him.

What is taking her so long?

He scolded himself almost immediately after the thought escaped, knowing that the girl has waited for him for a century.

And here he was, unable to wait for a day more.

A  sound of leaves was heard, his head shot up almost instantly, hoping that it was not wildlife of the forest again.

Hoping that it was Brooklyn Salvatore.

Damon's car left the sign of Memphis in dust as the eldest sibling turned to his sister. "Where to sis?"

"This is my stop. You go find Stefan."

"I'm not leaving you." He retorted angrily.

"Damon." She warned him pointing her finger towards the car that was parked on the side of the road.

Nik's car.

"Find our brother." She said and jumped out of the car before he could do anything to stop her.

The forest ground was ruining her newly polished knee high boots.

You better be here Niklaus.

Huffing out a breath of annoyance she picked up the pace. A sound was heard, she instantly knew who it was.

"Your hybrids are tearing the town up. Get them in line, Nik." She said looking around waiting for the original to pop up.

"I never thought you'd mind, mi amore."

She could not help but agree. "Well I do love chaos, but I don't really see their purpose."

"Don't worry dearest, they had served their purpose of getting your attention. They'll be out of town by the end of the week."

"You could've done that by yourself, though."

"My favorite drama queen did not enjoy some drama? Love, are you sick?" He teased but Brooklyn was not in the mood.

"Nik, can we just go simple again? I'm tired, of everything." His smirk softener than a moment before, slowly fading into a frown.

I broke her, but she's still here.

He spread his arms for her to melt in his embrace. She didn't hesitate, running to him and snaking her arms around his neck, snuggling her head into his shirt taking in his well known smell.

She's a keeper.

"We can do whatever you like, go wherever. Just you and me love."

"For now, can we just go home?" She asked not opening her eyes.

He guided her to the car, sat in, and drove away.

And even now, as we speak, Klaus Mikaelson and Brooklyn Salvatore, pardon me, from few years ago Mikaelson, are sitting in front of their mansion in Mystic Falls, listening to 1920's jams and dancing under the moonlight surrounded by colourful flowers of the Mikaelson Manor.

Together at last.

THE END