Our Lives

"Just checking on Bonnie. Her grandma's funeral brought back a lot about mom and dad. I was wondering... You said that you would do some digging about them, the adoption." Elena said letting her coffee mug down beside her. Jenna, her silly aunt, sight sitting beside her. Just as she was about to say something, both of them heard heels banging along the sidewalk and turned around to the blue eyed girl approaching.

"An adoption?" Brooklyn started a smirk plastered on her pale face. "Oh that adoption!" She sat next to two girls earning a death glare from Elena.

"You know, it's weird." She continued taking a sip from Elena's coffee mug." Your boyfriend's ex and your sister's husband's brother had a child which your dead sister adopted and you are taking care of. Jenna, your life is more complicated than Gossip Girl drama." Brooklyn said and stood up. Jenna looked puzzled.

"Now, that I pushed your buttons ladies, I'm out of here. Bye,bye!" She said walking away.

****

Back at the Salvatore boarding house, Brooklyn spotted it was unusually quiet. Knowing her brothers, they would be here, she thought, bickering.

But nothing. Just silence. These days, since the tomb opening, Damon has been so depressed, because of the Katherine-less tomb, than he was not in mood for anything. Not even bickering with Stefan.

She walked to the living room to let the music play, but forgot about it once she saw Damon with a almost empty bottle of bourbon in his hands. She walked towards the couch, sitting next to the eldest Salvatore. He looked at her flashing a fake smile.

"Don't give me that shit." She whispered and he frowned again. She took the bottle and took a sip.

"How did you survive, Brook?" He asked as she remembered New Orleans and her adventures with the only man she has ever loved.

"I did not." She whispered like she hadn't found strength to speak louder.

"You never talk about him." He commented.

"The only thing there is to say that I never moved on from Nik." She said feeling a tear rolling down her cheek. He felt her need to talk about something else, so he continued.

"We died for her." He said in desperation. "To protect her."

"I guess she was a big girl. She did not need us. She protected herself."