Presents

"So," Brooklyn started, " the fun Damon is back. You are not going to follow the clues? Smart."

"No, no, no, sis, I am."

"Ugh. I guess Stef is funnier now. What are you getting Elena for her birthday, big bro?" She asked while covering her nails with a lair of black polish. Damon grabbed a jewelry box from the table making Brooklyn roll her eyes. 

"That," she said pointing to the box in his hand, "is low even for you. A ring? While Stefan is God knows where? Damon, she is a princess of good. You are not proposing to Katherine fucking Pierce. Elena will kick you out of the window. Actually, do it. I would pay to see you flying through the window." Brooklyn snorted at the last part.

Damon glared at her, opening the box to relieve Rebekah's vervain necklace. Well, it was Rebekah's a century ago, then, that horrifying night in New Orleans, Stefan found it, and a century after, gave it to his epic love Elena, who lost it, and apparently, Damon found it.

"Still as beautiful..." Brooklyn trailed her fingers over the cold metal earning a smile from her big brother.

"You think she'll want it back?"

"Do you want to get the girl?" Brooklyn asked and Damon nodded almost right away. 

"Then wrap it nicely."