Cries

"They have left you behind as well, haven't they?" Marcel asked fearing the fact of a positive answer. To his surprise, the youngest Salvatore shook her head no.

"They had to run away from Mikael. I do not blame them." She murmured wondering if her words were true.

"Well I do. Klaus is an animal." He commented angrily.

"Marcel. I love him. I came here to see him." Brooklyn explained realizing she had no strength to say his name.

"He did not come back here. I haven't seen in him in a long time, Brooklyn." His voice softened once a frown appeared on her face.

"Hope sucks." She forced a giggle, but could not stop the tears from escaping.

"I just... I thought that they would come back for me." Brooklyn said between sobs. Marcel was trying to comfort her, but his hatred towards the Originals wouldn't allow it.

"Look Brookie. Every once in a while, I hear gossip about Klaus. I haven't heard about Rebekah in a century. Elijah? Nothing. They might as well be dead. Kol was daggered years ago. Finn sealed his faith 9 centuries ago. The only one living is Klaus. And I don't think he wants to be found."

That words hit her like a slap across the face.

He did not want to come back for me, she thought, and he killed his own siblings? Is that the Klaus I fell for back in 1920's? I am not so sure.

***

Three days later, Brooklyn was starting the engine of her car after saying her goodbyes to Marcel. She still remembered his words from few days ago, but it really did not matter. It's not like she will see Klaus ever again. She drove down the motorway with ease knowing that her favorite city was in good hands of her old friend Marcel Gerard.

Damon called three times already. He begged her to come back because she was needed for a mission. She still had no idea what was the mission about, but agreed come home.

***

Damon and Stefan were not at home when she got there, so she drove to Alaric's place. She was bored, and he had good whiskey.

The door opened revealing a confused History teacher.

"Brooklyn?" He said in surprise.

"Yes, I am Brooklyn, and you are Alaric. Can I come in now?" She said looking at his lost impression.

"Please do."

Brooklyn walked into the well known apartment and stopped in her tracks once she spotted Katherine Pierce tied to a chair. She turned to the professor.

"Nice job."

Turning back to the doppelganger, a cold ice stare was placed on her her face.

"I think I told you to get lost."

"I would, Brooklyn, but as you can see, I am tied up." Katherine shot back.

"Oookay. Ric, why are we torturing her again?" Brooklyn asked.

"How ironic You did not-" Katherine started but she was cut off by Alaric snapping her neck. Brooklyn looked at it all with surprise.

"She has a big mouth."

***
Soo... Brook does not know that's Klaus over there... I won't be posting tomorrow nor Tuesday 'cause I am going on a trip.... Pls vote and comment if you liked this chap!

Milica