What If?

"What are you two? Bodyguards?"

"Fuck off Brooklyn. We have to keep our eyes wide open. Your freaky ex might attack every moment." Damon hissed while his bright blue eyes darted around the room. But another pair of bright blue eyes wanted to make eye contact with his. Brooklyn stepped in front of him, making her big brother sigh.

"What?!" He snapped. "He wants to kill her. What am I supposed to do?!" The black haired vampire yelled pointing to Elena that hid in Stefan's arms. Stefan, to Brooklyn's surprise, stood in silence just listening to their bickering. Usually the middle Salvatore would be the one to calm the two siblings down, but that night seemed not to be the case. He just stood there, making Damon feel jealousy running through his veins. Everyone knew he was in love with the Katherine lookalike, except Damon Salvatore.

"Brother. I hate to break it to you, but, you are not a hero." The youngest Salvatore said. "Stef is. He even has the hero hair."

The ancient witch power absorb, Bonnie Bennett, approached the group. Her glance fell first on Brooklyn, who stared emotionless, then the witch turned her attention on Damon.

"Damon. Can we talk?"

"Sure." He said flashing a smile at Elena, who was still in Stefan's arms, and then following the Bennett girl away.

Some time pasted, and Brooklyn found herself by the bar again. She was not drinking the shot of vodka she has ordered a few moments before, she just stared at it. Her thoughts wondered somewhere else, probably somewhere where Klaus was. What if he was indeed, at the party, just as her brothers wanted him too? What if he was lurking around the dark corners, watching her, right now? If he showed up, standing there, in front of her, being his usual beautiful cocky self, what would she do? Would she run into his arms? After all, it has been almost 90 years. Ninety years since she rippered through New Orleans just to distract Mikael from Klaus. Since then, she was trying to hold on to the thought of him coming back to her. But he never did. And now that he was back, she was confused. The only thing she knew for sure was that she needed to protect him from the Mystic Falls Gang.

Suddenly, Alaric shook her awake from the train of thoughts. He looked truly freaked out. His scared expression made the female vampire look at him with surprise.

"He has got Stefan and Jeremy." He said between takes of breaths. "Come on. He is over there."

She did not know what made her feel alarmed more. The fact that the man she loved was near, or that her brother's life was in danger. Anyhow, she ran like it was her life on gamble.